Maybe we should recruit this "Cat" to DIYAudio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conditionally all imaginable loudspeakers in audio could be divided by two groups:

1) The loudspeakers where the pressure from the front of the loudspeaker isolated form the press from the back (Sealed enclosures, horns with sealed back chambers, infinite baffles and its…)

2) The loudspeakers where pressure from the front of the loudspeaker in any way or in any frequencies is mixed with the pressure from the back (ported enclosures and Passive Radiators, open baffles, any bandpasses, Transmission Lines, back loaded horns, TQWT and so on)

The second group of loudspeaker is FUNDAMENTALLY INFERIOR and practically at lower frequencies. Even if the loudspeaker are made superbly and with as less as possible compromises then they still are not free from thier fundamental limitations namely - screwing the neutrality of sound reproduction and minimizing the impact of reproduced music.

Certainly you can bay whatever you want or build whatever you want but if your acoustic system allows the pressure form the back of the drivers to be injected into listening room then your loudspeakers ... are garbage and they are good enough only for pop music.

Rgs,
Romy the Cat

This tells me all I need to know. He engages in the exact type of attitude he condemns. What a tool.

SY said:
Already been banned from here and from at least one other forum where I participate.

He was a member of a Yahoo group that I'm in. He really stirred up trouble there too.

I kind of liked his quirkiness at first. His strong opinions are interesting because he obviously has the money to pick and choose his setup.

Unfortunately, the novelty quickly wore off. :xeye:

Regards,
Martin :)

When I saw his Vinyl setup, I thought, thank G^d he wasn't the surgeon who worked on me!

C'mon guys, didn't you think his pussy cats on the horns purring out "Do I make you HORNY" with an Austin Powers kinda voice, was a nice touch?

Like I said... What I could do with all that money! It certainly wouldn't be all that stuff or fill in the ______. I'd rather have a nice studio with an assortment of instruments and electronics to support my recent ProTools learning addiction.

Or a big deck with a nice view to invite you all over for a huge barbeque!

Cal, just call me "Weedhopper," distant cousin of Dennis Hopper (after he got all cleaned up anyway). Don't worry about his "opinion" as far as I am concerned you are in an elite pack of speaker gurus around here.

I'm glad we can all, at least, get a laugh about how far some people go (Yikes, maybe even some of us too)!

Regards//Keith

I feel the need to point out the fact speaker cones are not impervious to sound. so ALL speakers are fundamentally inferior. :D

However it's not nice to pick on a guy when he has no chance to defend himself, even if his actions you describe are what removed his ability to defend himself.

It's still an impressive system put together with a lot of care and attention (and experience) No matter how abrasive the owner may be it does not affect the quality of his system.

There are some people in this forum who have some even stranger opinions yet are highly respected because they conduct themselves with dignity and courtesy. There is a lesson in that for you lot.

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
However it's not nice to pick on a guy when he has no chance to defend himself, even if his actions you describe are what removed his ability to defend himself.

Romy starts his own fights and gets what he deserves. The fact that guys like this get banned from diyAudio.com is PRECISELY why I come here, because I don't want to have to wade through his brand of BS. I've been through his site and while there's a bit of insight here and there, trying to get that occasional bit of wisdom is like bobbing for apples in a barrel of sewage.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
OzMikeH said:
There are some people in this forum who have some even stranger opinions yet are highly respected because they conduct themselves with dignity and courtesy. There is a lesson in that for you lot.

:nod:
[QUASI RANT]

And a lot of their BS gets mindlessly parroted over and over and over by the herd.
Hanging around here can be like watching a bunch of evangelicals sharing, in a mutually self-assuring fashion, their experiences with the ‘Holy Spirit’.
One thing that strikes me as particularly weird is the fact that the Tubes forum is generally 5 - 10 times (please don’t ask me how I quantify this) more objective and scientific and the SS forum.

[/QUASI RANT]

Cheers,
Glen

Hey Glen,

I call that the "Mutual Admiration Society".

OK guys, this was supposed to be light..... a break from all those burnt diodes for a moment.

Forgive me sometimes, as I am so new at this that I have, on occasion, been a parrot too. But I do look for a huge consensus first, try to understand it well enough to believe it true and then check to see that it really is bird seed before I eat it!

I know I have my quirks and sometimes also go to far, but that is why I am here. I think everyone of us has this trait in one form or another.

But together we are all better than by ourselves. That is why I joined here. You're a good lot! With a lot of different views and perspectives.

Keep it going!

Regards//Keith

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
KP11520 said:
OK guys, this was supposed to be light..... a break from all those burnt diodes for a moment.

Oh, I wasn't singling out anyone in this thread. :)
I was just having a little bit of a rant. I do that occasionally.
This morning I mixed my sodium metasilicate solution too hot/strong and washed the entire resist coating (including all the tracks) right off my brand new PCB laminate. That made me grumpy.

Cheers,
Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.