"active grounding" - why would one use it? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th July 2007, 06:30 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel

You know how hard it is to come up with properly controlled environment for serious comparisons...
No, it's actually quite easy. I'm sure you do that all the time for your designs, no?

Honestly, if you back burnered it, that is fine. You have your own priorities, none of which I have any right to set.

If you're not gonna use it, maybe we can give it to someone else?? Perhaps they would like to try it, instead of this active ground stuff.

Cheers, John
Old 19th July 2007, 04:03 AM   #22
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Let me help sam9 here as it wasn't worth his time:
Rod expressly state the following on his site:
Quote:
Links - Anyone wishing to link to my pages may do so freely, but please make the main index page (sound.au.com) the sole link. Do not link to individual pages or image files without asking first. This ensures that visitors get to see all that the site has to offer, and not just a part of it.
It IS worth my time to read and comply with Rod's wishes. The site is not his hobby, it's how he pays the rent!
Old 19th July 2007, 09:35 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the links. This is indeed the only logical way I have ever seen for 'active ground' : Creating dual supplies from a single supply source.

Seems that the 'other' use with the ground follower is a case of, as we say in The Netherlands, hearing the bell sound but not knowing where the [thing that moves and makes the noise: klepel] is.

Jan Didden
Old 19th July 2007, 01:17 PM   #24
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

"Clapper."
Old 19th July 2007, 05:06 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
"Clapper."

Thank you Mr. SY. So the saying would be "He has heard the bell toll but doesn't know where the clapper hangs" Makes sense in English?

Jan Didden
Old 19th July 2007, 05:20 PM   #26
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Yes, though I like your use of "is" rather than "hangs." Dynamic phenomenon.

With the disappearance of real church, ice cream, and telephone bells in the US, I'll bet not one in ten Americans would know what a clapper is.
Old 19th July 2007, 05:30 PM   #27
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Clap on, clap off?
Old 19th July 2007, 09:54 PM   #28
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Going like the clappers.
Old 20th July 2007, 08:51 AM   #29
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

a dose of the clapp.