"active grounding" - why would one use it?

Peter Daniel said:

You know how hard it is to come up with properly controlled environment for serious comparisons...

No, it's actually quite easy. I'm sure you do that all the time for your designs, no?

Honestly, if you back burnered it, that is fine. You have your own priorities, none of which I have any right to set.

If you're not gonna use it, maybe we can give it to someone else?? Perhaps they would like to try it, instead of this active ground stuff.

Cheers, John

Let me help sam9 here as it wasn't worth his time:

Rod expressly state the following on his site:
Links - Anyone wishing to link to my pages may do so freely, but please make the main index page (sound.au.com) the sole link. Do not link to individual pages or image files without asking first. This ensures that visitors get to see all that the site has to offer, and not just a part of it.

It IS worth my time to read and comply with Rod's wishes. The site is not his hobby, it's how he pays the rent!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Peter Daniel said:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the links. This is indeed the only logical way I have ever seen for 'active ground' : Creating dual supplies from a single supply source.

Seems that the 'other' use with the ground follower is a case of, as we say in The Netherlands, hearing the bell sound but not knowing where the [thing that moves and makes the noise: klepel] is.

Jan Didden