Help removing paint

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys. i need help removing paint. It's not on audio boxes or anything so I put it here.

I'm talking about paint on glass bottles. For instance, something like shown below.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've tried paint thinner and acetone. Neither worked. I didn't soak, I dipped paper towels in the solvents and then scrubbed. Should I try soaking next? I don't think that would make a difference, because nothing at all visible happened with the scrubbing.

Does this type of paint require a different type of solvent? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Shpoop,

Do you have any firends that work at a Car Radiator shop? They have a tank that removes paint from radiators with a caustic solution so they can recondition them. Bring a six pack (or a case) of beer and ask them to soak it for a couple of days. Or find an Automotive Paint supply house and ask them what they would use to remove the paint. Good Luck!

Regards//Keith

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.