Ripping Youtube!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Okay, this has nothing to do with Audio as such, but how the heck do I rip an audio/video stream from youtube??? I have seen so many really nice Blues-artist's perform that I would like to preserve!! Any help would be greatly rewarded!!

Steen:)

if you are using Firefox- there is a way to rip it with FF xtension called Unplug

but - there is still problem with format converting.......file downloaded from youtube is in funny format;
I just didn't found enough reasons to find converter

ALL: STEP ONE:

INSTALL GREASE MONKEY (PC - FIREFOX) / CREAM MONKEY (MACINTOSH - SAFARI).

http://www.greasespot.net/ for PC Firefox

http://creammonkey.sourceforge.net/ for Mac OS X Safari

PC:
STEP TWO:
Right-Click this: youtube_to_me.user.js and select "Install User Script" from the contextual menu.

Mac OS X:
STEP TWO:
Right-Click ==>youtube_to_me.user.js<== and select Download Linked File from the contextual menu.
OR
Press +Option+L to get to the Downloads window.
Hold option and drag this link ==> youtube_to_me.user.js to the download window.

STEP THREE:
Go to the script file's location and open a new, fresh window. In this window, browse to ~/Library/Application Support/Creammonkey/ and place the script file in the folder named "Creammonkey"

ALL DONE!

ALTERNATIVE MAC OS X STEPS 2 & 3!
Mac OS X Steps Two & Three in ONE!:
Right-Click ==>youtube_to_me.user.js<== and select Download Linked File As… from the contextual menu. Browse to ~/Library/Application Support/Creammonkey/ and press "Save".

Re: crazy way?

whoandcar said:
Have you considered attaching a normal recorder on your audio output?

If you only want sound, sure.

But don't try to sync this with video if you don't have a video editor capable of doing so, or it will be messed up! :(

If it's a music video, I also recommend erasing the song's audio and editing in a higher-quality audio and saving with a little bit better compression (such as the inserted audio file's bitrate should do the trick. VBR is even better. :D).

I actually ended up with this suite:
http://www.applian.com/avscs/index.php
Nice little package, that does it pretty good. You can choose bitrates and so on when "recording". Comes complete with Converters, players, grabbers of several sorts and an edit tool. Rips of all I tried it on. Youtube watch out:D
Some of the online tools that were linked earlier got kicked off from youtube all the time.

Steen:)

Hello

Easiest way to download virtually any video content is to use
Firefox and one of its extensions, mamely DownloadHelper.
It installs next to Help as three revolving coloured spheres
if the spheres are in colour whatever you are watching can
be downloaded in one click by highlighting the link name - extremely simple, install it, just use it once to get the hang of it and
you'll find it utterly invaluable.

Works superbly with Youtube, for your first download try

Mississippi Fred McDowell - 'Goin Down To The River'

Yourjavascript:smilie(';)')
winks Sincerely
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.