Telefunken Opus 2250 Hifi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any information that could be supplied about this unit would be much appreciated!!

I have had the (presumable) fortune of finding the above mentioned unit, complete with speakers, at an antiques dealer. The unit is in immaculate condition, looking like it is only a couple of years old, when in fact it is over 50! When I say immaculate, I really do mean immaculate. The only real wear and tear is the print on the rear of the unit is somewhat faded, otherwise everything else is almost factory condition. All tubes light up, all bulbs glow happily, the tuning indicator functions... really a choice item in simply incredible condition.

The meager amount of information i have been able to gather about it, includes the approximate manufacture date of1954-56, in West Germany.

I paid under $300 CAD for it and I'm guessing that i pretty much robbed them. I know next to nothing about it and vintage audio as well, other than that Telefunken was THE premier audio manufacturer of its day.

What I would like to know is how much such an item might be worth and if anyone has any technical specs on it, what sort of tubes and such, availability of parts yada yada.

Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.