"wall-warts" is this cheap junk from USA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a "wall-wart". Because of it's size, it blocks other outlets.

Attachments

• acdc.jpg
    acdc.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 270
seangoesbonk said:
This is a "wall-wart". Because of it's size, it blocks other outlets.

Can't you twist it half a turn like in Europe. I have a battery charger which really blocks the other outlet, very unusual.

BTW: Have you seen the "wall-warts" which is 10 x 30 mm's! Like an european plug! Forgot it's name, anyone who knows? "Switch...someting"

peranders, I think it's based on a switching regulator called the TinySwitch or something. It's smaller, lighter and more efficient than transformer based wallwarts, but is probably not a good idea to power preamps, etc. cuz of the switching noise. I have one which came with my scanner, feels like an empty plastic box with pins on it, but can put out 12V at 1.5A.

Helix said:
Some maybe small/light because they only contain a Cap, Res and a couple of diodes! no tranfo.

Tho i think this kind is illegal now in most countries (no isolation from the mains)

Some maybe small/light because they only contain a Cap, Res and a couple of diodes! no tranfo. :no:

Sorry, but these Egston "Netzgeräte mit Weitbereicheingang" (I love german...) is really cool and equipted with a transformer. Quite advanced inside and so cute :yes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.