High power car-jacker deterrent - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2007, 08:10 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default High power car-jacker deterrent

Hello everyone.

Could you please help me out? Yesterday I had some problems with 2 stupid dudes that where stopped on the driveway. I honked a bit and the started to drive slowly seeing if I would hit them. After this provocation, they stpped the car and stepped out trying to get me. I managed to drive away, but now I'm really willing to get a real protection for my car.
I was thinking about a high-power high-frequency generator, something that would make them stop some - safe - feet away. Car alarms don't have that "lovely" ability- they are loud, but you still can get near the car...

Any suggestions, please?

Old 16th May 2007, 09:39 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Oh, come on, very few criminals get discouraged by bad sound. Rather try the South African's contribution to car security. We are not the highjacking capital of the world for nothing. I use the portable version and it's loads of fun. And completely safe

Old 16th May 2007, 10:00 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have thought about a cooler idea, fire extinguiser nozzles instead of flame thrower . Still scares the c**p out ot them, at least enough to pull away...

I liked this part

Quote:
South African courts allow killing if convinced that it's in self-defense

Old 16th May 2007, 10:47 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

get a bad dog, or a gun

back in the 1960's one of my friends had his Corvette chained to the floor of his garage.

Old 16th May 2007, 10:51 AM   #5
OzMikeH is offline OzMikeH  Australia
diyAudio Member

If you are interested in an RF generator this may mak you think twice. read the story too.

An extra set of windscreen washer jets pointing near the drivers door spraying large quantities of mace or pepper spray would be my choice.

http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil...ection*(video)

Old 16th May 2007, 11:46 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

The Law is very unpermissable regarding getting a license for carrying firearms in my country.
That windscreen washer jets is a great idea! (runs to the drawing board)

Old 18th May 2007, 05:02 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Re: High power car-jacker deterrent

Quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton
Hello everyone.

Could you please help me out? Yesterday I had some problems with 2 stupid dudes that where stopped on the driveway. I honked a bit and the started to drive slowly seeing if I would hit them. After this provocation, they stpped the car and stepped out trying to get me. I managed to drive away, but now I'm really willing to get a real protection for my car.
I was thinking about a high-power high-frequency generator, something that would make them stop some - safe - feet away. Car alarms don't have that "lovely" ability- they are loud, but you still can get near the car...

Any suggestions, please?
...and 3.6kW into 2 ohms! All in a day's work for Krell's $40,000/pair, Krell Evolution 900 monoblock amplifier. On passive display with its top off, you can see that the amplifier has three output modules, each containing a pair of driver stages, 28 bipolar output devices, and a massive heatsink that vents heat in chimney fashion through vents in the top and bottom of the chassis. The power supply features two 3kVA toroidal transformers, 52 electrolytic capacitors, each rated at 1800F, 900watt, and 105F. Weight? Again I didn't want to know, but was told it was a mere 175 lbs!

Old 18th May 2007, 08:58 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I have always wanted to charge the car with very high voltage like 007.

http://tesladownunder.com/Tesla18Wee...Bright3000.jpg

Look at the car on that page!!

Now if you had something to that effect on top your car NOBODY would be come near.

Old 18th May 2007, 09:04 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

... we have something here called the 2nd amendment to our constitution. We may lose it one day, but for now, I'm thinking of starting DIYGun.com ... zippy, huh ...

" ... two 3kVA toroidal transformers, 52 electrolytic capacitors, each rated at 1800F, 900watt ..."

!! That should be enough for a small rail gun or some kind of electrostatic / electromagnetic launch device ... 3000 watts stored into more than 90,000 uF of capacitance should be enough ... probably will need really fat cables.

Old 18th May 2007, 09:47 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have thought about a cooler idea, fire extinguiser nozzles instead of flame thrower . Still scares the c**p out ot them, at least enough to pull away...

I liked this part

Quote:
The Law is very unpermissable regarding getting a license for carrying firearms in my country.
That windscreen washer jets is a great idea! (runs to the drawing board)
with batteries acid !. ....... here a simple pistol well do.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!