Any external belt drive volume controllers w/remote

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Someone told me that there is an external kit that one could add to a preamplifier to turn it into remote capable. I can not seem to find it anywhere. I prefer this solution to a adding a passive like a Creek obh or taking the preamplifier apart and using one of the Welbourne like devices.

Or has anyone tried the same thing where I had read about years ago someone took apart a kids remote controlled toy car and using the motor from it. Then placing it on the top of the preamplifier with a belt wrapping around the volume control.

Thank you for the help, but no.
It would a volume controller that would have a motor that sits on the top of my preamp and a belt that would come downwards to wrap around the existing volume knob.
I know it would be ugly but this way there would be no sound degradation due to replacing the existing volume control.

doughter said:
Thank you for the help, but no.
It would a volume controller that would have a motor that sits on the top of my preamp and a belt that would come downwards to wrap around the existing volume knob.
I know it would be ugly but this way there would be no sound degradation due to replacing the existing volume control.

the link that jleaman posted would work. think about it, take off the knob from the motorized pot, install a pulley instead. put a belt from the pulley to the volume knob on your preamp. done.

edit:

forgot to mention, you can buy the kit without the attenuator. this way it would just be a motor, and allow you to do what you want.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.