unwanted spying and listning in my home - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 28th April 2007, 10:05 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

You can get a little bug sniffing device from Maplin. I think it's just a wideband radio receiver - it has LEDs to show it's picking something up. They are only about 5 - I bought one on impulse when I was getting some stuff for work.

They detect mobile phone transmissions and 2.4 GHz wireless cameras (I have one in the garage for security)

For the sake of 5, it may be worth buying and running over your place with it - it'll pick up the Micky Mouse wireless "spying" kit that's available in Maplin or on Ebay - it won't help with wired kit but that's loads of bother to install.

If you do find anything - don't act on it straight away - there are steps that should probably be taken involving the authorities and in the cold light of day.

GL

<edit>

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...Bug%20detector

This is a different one, but still not very expensive.

</edit>

Old 28th April 2007, 10:19 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I want to thank everyone that has replied to my concern.With so many different ideas offered its hard to know where to start.Some people have left sarcastic remarks that were removed(thanks)but overall I`m glad you and others have taken it as genuine.Nobody could even begin to imagine what its like unless they are the person its happening to.Thanks again all that replied.

Old 28th April 2007, 01:34 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi Andrew,

Don't take the sarcasm (from some people) personally. I think that they perhaps failed to understand just how stressful this situation can be.

Trying the radio thing is an obvious place to start and maybe consider the Maplin bug detector to help set your mind at ease. Any wireless system will be giving off a reasonably powerful signal and shouldn't be too hard to locate.

After that ...... I wouldn't really worry about it. As mentioned earlier, a wired system would be a real pain to install.

Good luck,
Martin.

Old 28th April 2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Nordic is offline Nordic  South Africa
diyAudio Member

http://www.redferret.net/?p=5585

Old 30th April 2007, 06:28 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Apart from all the technical solutions, you can also find out if there is someone eavesdropping on you by trying to spread false info via this "infromation channel".

This can of course only work out if you are enough relaxed and cold-blooded.

Regards

Charles

Old 1st May 2007, 04:18 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Don't take the sarcasm (from some people) personally. I think that they perhaps failed to understand just how stressful this situation can be.
Quote:
This can of course only work out if you are enough relaxed and cold-blooded.
These members are talking something for which I gave a solution...

I can know better than many since I have gone through a much difficult situation, and now when I rewind those incidents, I realised the exageration of the incidents I made due to anxiety. Now it just makes me laugh at myself.

Coming to the electronics...
if he is spying on u, counterattack and spy back, on him. Atleast u will know for sure.
and a non-conclusive sitation will at-the-least come to an end.

Offence is the best defence.

Old 1st May 2007, 04:29 AM   #17
jlsem is offline jlsem  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have removed the posts that did not attempt to answer the question and those containing sarcastic content.
I suggest that you close this thread altogether. People suffering from this type of paranoia show up from time to time in other forums and newsgroups and nothing can be said or done to help them here.

The opportunity for sarcasm is the only worthwhile feature of these types of threads.

John

Old 1st May 2007, 06:36 AM   #18
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Andrew seems satisfied with the provided info so I think this thread served its purpose.

/Hugo

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!