ortofon concorde cartridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,i have one problem.i have found a pick up which has ortofon 'concorde' cartridge and stylus but the stylus had broken.i'm going to buy a new stylus for this cartridge but first i want to know if the head is good.is there any way to test it without stylus?it looks good but i want to be sure before buy the stylus because it's quite expensive.

p.s. sorry for my English...

4 like all cartridges.there are 4 back to connect with pickup arm and in the front there are again 4 but very small.i think that those 4 are touch the stylus.i was believe that the 4back and the 4in front may be connect one by one.but this is happen only with 2 of them(if i remeber)...

sorry.my previous post was wrong.
the back side of the cartridge has 4 pins.at two of them i measure about 650ohm and at the other two 650 ohm again.at the first 'pair' of two pins and the second 'pair' of two pins i have open circuit.a pin of the back side(the side who connect to pickup arm) is connect(0 ohm) to the metal 'sleeve' of the front side.
the for pins i had told you for the front side were connect to each other but not with that of the back side(maybe these are to hold the stylus).also these 'pins' from the front side doesn't connect to the metal 'sleeve' of the front side.

i'm looking by friends to find a good,same type of cartridge to meter that and see the results,but anyone has pick up with this cartridge type...

Ortofon Concorde...

Hi Antonis

OK So the cart has 4 pins (2/channel). I'm not sure if these are colour-coded but the left channel is always coded white and blue and the right channel, red and green.

Take your multimeter and set it on "continuity". Touch with the probes each pair (white and blue etc...) and you should hear your multimeter 'bleep'. If no sound, it's open circuit.

bulgin

thank you,i know that,
but this is to check if the cables from the pick up arm to the output is ok.
i'm am looking if the cartridge is ok.the cartridge has no colors.no cables,only 4 pins.for that reason i'm not sure if it's ok,because i don't know what should i measure.if there is another cartridge i could have see if it was good,but this is very 'closed' and i can't see anything...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.