Open call for suggestions on Open Source DIY Audio Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to All

I will be going public with a new company shortly offering a very extensive line of modular pro audio equipment designed primarily for recording applications.

The past year I have been thinking how to make my site valuable to everyone beyond just the normal heres what I got to sell thing.

My question - which I am putting up for grabs for anyone who wishes to reply - is this:

Is there an interest in an Open Source - type approach to the public design of audio equipment? If you are not familiar with Open Source - it is a big thing in the software industry these days.

My thinking is we start with a basic design and open it up for anyone to modify etc. Anyone who contributes a major imporvement - and in the binding opinion of the group doing the work - would get a reward - which might be anything from a free PCB to a free fully-working version of the unit depending on the magnitude of their contribution.

I don'k know how viable this is - which is why I am posting here and asking for opinions, reactions, suggestions, etc.

Anyone who has any thoughts I would very much like to hear from you.

Thank you

Gary Ferguson
Ferguson Audio Design LLC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.