Repeater for attic FM antenna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, random antenna question. Poor FM reception where I live. I have a big RadioShack roof antenna I want to mount in the attic of the house I rent. Stereo is down on 1st floor. Don't want to get into drilling holes for coaxial cable. Is there any commercial product out there that could transmit signal from antenna in attic to tuner? Given these wireless Squeezebox setups, would not seem too hard. I am using basic NAD gear--can't spend a fortune. Thanks!

As a student in cheap rented accomodation I often installed my own TV antenna in the roof space.

I just drilled a hole through the gyprock (plasterboard) ceiling right in the corner of the cornice with a screwdriver. Make it a snug fit on the cable.
A chewed up bit of paper stuffed in the hole when you leave the place and the owners never knew.

repeater will never, ever work. Sorry mate, you have to run a cable, or improvise an antenna in the room. what about sticking your antenna in the yard and running the cable through the wall. what direction is your transmission site?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.