Junk your old o'scope for a TEK TDS2K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's great !:)
The market is now full of new low priced scopes and apparently some are pretty good.
Hopefully users of these scopes will give us their opinion on how well they work . New buyers could use the info for buying a new low cost scope......or avoid one !

I saw a 100Mhz Owon scope that has also been widely reviewed elsewhere. Pricing is very attractive. Lots of Chinese ( Taiwanese ?) brands now.......can't imagine them being from elsewhere if they are low cost !

So let's hope users of these scopes will give us feedback on how good they find them to be.
Cheers.

I got a LeCroy 9384 for $800 from ebay. which sits next to the LeCroy 9374 I got from ebay for $1700. I've connected CAL_out to EXT_in of each scope, so have an 8-ch 2..4GS/s scope by setting CAL_out as trigger_out on one scope and running the other scope on external trigger.

I also got a Tek11801C for $400. but each 2-channel TDR sampling head cost me $400. still, ended up with 8-ch TDR / 20GS/s sampling scope for $2k. makes measuring transmission line impedances a doddle - but the touchscreen is annoying.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.