Heads UP. Super deal on router bits! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th September 2006, 08:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Heads UP. Super deal on router bits!

If you have a large format 1/2 inch collet router you want to follow up on this deal !

You can easily spend fifty bucks on a single bit. Princess Auto has an assortment kit of 35, count `em THIRTY FIVE 1/2 inch shank, carbide blade router bits, all with on board ball bearing, covering everything from straight bits to chamfering, to rabbeting to ogee. Did I say Oh GEE?!!!! . You bet. Nice aluminum carry case with clear plexy top to view contents. Quality is good. I`ve been using the same Power Fist brand 1/4 inch shank bearing equipped router bits with no problems.

$55.55 CDN.

Sale from Sept 12 to Oct 01, 2006. www.princessauto.com

I do this as a service to my fellow DIY`ers. This deal is incredible!
On April 01,2012, my radioastronomy Project TARGET SETI search succeeded. The signal came via extradimensional subspace, not radio waves. I now get a lot of 'visitors'. I took my avatar pic of one friend watching me in my work yard from just 20 ft. away.
Old 12th September 2006, 08:17 PM   #2
antomas is offline antomas  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi, thanks for the info.
A stupid question (I don't know very much about routers): are these bits for wood?
Thanks a lot for your answer,
Massimo
Old 12th September 2006, 09:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default wood bits or wood bits?

"bits" of wood or wooden chips = not.

"Wood bits" as used here would be wood cutting tools, primarily the actual "bit" or cutter of wood.

Used in vertical and horizontal milling machines and "routers" to cut groves or route groves, in this case in wood. ... A North American usage so the translation error is totally understandable.

A wood router is the wood workers' friend ...

(The stuff that falls on the floor after use, now that might be considered as wooden bits from the result of using wood bits.)

"The Brits and the 'Mericans ... pecular peoples seperated by a common language ..."
Old 12th September 2006, 11:13 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

These are cutters for woodworking but can be used on plastics and laminates equally well.

A router is a woodworking tool. They are not used in metalworking shops.
On April 01,2012, my radioastronomy Project TARGET SETI search succeeded. The signal came via extradimensional subspace, not radio waves. I now get a lot of 'visitors'. I took my avatar pic of one friend watching me in my work yard from just 20 ft. away.
Old 12th September 2006, 11:55 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hmmmm, I think I'll be making a trip into town.

Thanks!
Old 13th September 2006, 12:08 AM   #6
kingpin is offline kingpin  Canada
diyAudio Member

They also have 30" quick clamps for $5.55 pn#8070286
and 52" clamps for $11.00 although I didn't get the part number.

Mike
Old 13th September 2006, 01:23 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

If it weren`t for Princess Auto I`d have a lot less tools and a lot less to show for the money I`ve had the use of. Awesome store.
Old 26th September 2006, 03:17 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

So who else bought a set of bits? I picked up two sets so I don`t have to spend $75 when I eventually loose one of these bits to chipping or wear. I`ve never run across a deal on router bits this good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p9263130.jpg (43.8 KB, 83 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!