AVO CT-160

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Avo Ct-160

Hello, I´n very very happy !!!!!

I find one AVO CT-160 in very good conditions, without rayons nor dust, all clean.
But the main power plug cord is missing. I search info in web, the plug is plessey 3 pin (type F) iden use in military UK equipament, and in radio Racal R17.
I try find it but dont lucky, ....,.

EC8010 I see you live in UK and you use one AVO CT160, please if you want to write. email is

Email address removed to avoid SPAM. EC8010

Congratulations on your Ct-160!

I also have one, but it has definitely seen better days. The Meter was not working and the Set Neg Grid Bias pot is open circuit, apparently a very common fault on these portable units and of course new pots are unobtainable. Is your CT-160 working correctly otherwise?

My unit is also missing the mains cord and I had to hard wire a length of cabtyre cable in for an AC mains cable.

I think there is a schematic and further notes for this unit on the Duncsan's web site.

Yep, I had seen that before. Crowthorne Tubes in England also has a replacemnet kit for the pot as I recall, as well as for the Meter Movement. Very helpful fellow!

In the meantime I was lucky to find an AVO 4, and then another, and even yet another... as well as an AVO 3 that could probably be fixed.

I had to strip the CT-160 meter out for one of the AVO 4 testers, while the latest one I was fortunate in obtainiong is in just about mint condition.

Hi ,
If you can't find the correct cable , remove the socket and fit either a similar shrouded socket or if the mains plugs in your country are small enough to fit with the lid closed , simply solder and tyrap a mains lead in . I fitted an IEC socket to mine . There are a few things that will need checking . The roller switches will probably need a thorough clean . Also there is only one calibration pot inside , if the meter does not reach FSD using the mains taps , this will need to be adjusted . Once the meter can reach FSD , test a valve . During the test , measure with a DVM on the breakout panel between grid and cathode and check this correlates with the setting on the grid pot . Set the current pots to zero then check at various settings up to -45V . Avo used a strange log-lin-log pot which is unobtainable , this can burn out or go out of spec . You may find that at various grid settings the grid volts dial will be way off what is measured , if this is the case then always measure on the breakout panel with a DVM . Hope this helps :)

cheers

316a :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.