How to make a table saw (Video)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Today, we will be working together for making a table saw from circle saw.
I invite you to check out the video here and the steps taken.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx71G7ouIeI&feature=share&list=PLZsZGQzjaz9XxNbcMMtW-V7ykFMA4y4oz[/URL]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYek5DwVFIM[/URL]

Step 1: Make the legs for table saw
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You need a little slats to create a solid table leg.
Step 2: Create a hole with dimensions corresponding to the circular saw.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You need two sheets of plywood. Here, I use 2 panels with size 12mm x 800 mm x 1,200 mm.
You need to use routers and saws parasols to perform this task.
Step 3: Assembly on table saws.

Creating toggle clamps and assembling the saw on a table with certainty.
Here, I use 4 toggle clamps to hold firmly circle saw on table.
Step 4: Make the lid for saw blade.

You need to use the router to create a hole on the table with size matching saw blades. Then you add a lid on this hole. This creates favorable conditions for the replacement or repair of the latter.
Step 5: Completion of the project and enjoy the results.

Wish you happy, and one day work efficiently!

I have to say that looks dangerous, I hope you can move to a proper saw with guides and guards soon.
If your in a pinch and need to get the job done I understand,the but for extended use I cringe when looking at the last picture.

Thank you for sharing, where are you located?

Thank u so much for your feedback. I also understood and thought about safety when using table saw and also other machine, I'm going to make other step for this. Off course this table saw cannot be compared with other product from Manfacture, this's only one method I hope that will be useful for someone' idea to build a table saw.

I remember when I was a kid, my father had a table base that you could install your circular saw from the bottom to create a table saw. I don't remember if it had a fence or anything to keep the cut square. I remember he then got rid of it and purchased a real table saw.

I hope your base assembly has some cross bracing? Otherwise, I feel like that will wiggle and twist as you push lumber across the cutting surface.

I run my table saw without the blade guard and kickback fingers. That is my choice. In your demonstration, your blade is way too high. I hope you can square the blade easily as well. One of the nice things about a regular table saw is EASY blade adjustments (height and angle).

I know we are a DIY group, but this one makes me nervous.

Yikes. Ok, I really dont like to p88p on anyones threads, but this is scary.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch table saw safety videos before you decide to do this. Better yet, search for table saw accidents. If you think the images are too disturbing, imagine seeing that image on the end of your hand. Or worse, as a momentary glimpse before you pass out with a piece of lumber sticking out of your abdomen.

edit:
I know its an old thread but I just saw this and beginners need to be warned.

Knifeinthesink is 100% correct.

I'm not one to whiz in the Weetabix either, but this is just fundamentally dangerous - and on multiple levels. Simply put, this is the mechanical equivalent of not isolating a circuit from the mains, and serious injury is certain to occur if this setup is used as shown in that final picture. Far better options exist, like:

• Just buying a tablesaw; even a cheap $250 USD model provides a much better margin of safety if used sensibly. Can't afford that?
  • Then make friends with a woodworker who owns the proper tools. You just might pass on your enthusiasm for homebuilt audio gear! If that's not feasible you could...
  • Find a suitably equipped "maker space". Or better yet,
  • Take a proper woodworking class at a community college or trade school. You'll gain access to other tools in addition to a tablesaw, and as an added bonus you'll be taught the skills to use them safely and efficiently.
I understand the OP's DIY spirit, but I just can't recommend this in good conscience. Like electricity, all power tools should be treated with the utmost respect. Contempt for them courts disaster.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.