Need Variac on-off switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there something special about the switch, I mean as to size or shape or something? otherwise any switch supplier should have something, even the local hardware store.

If it is special, can you post a photo? I found a red Chinese one with a meter, but the switch was a rocker.

That's it! You have the one I have, and you're right. The switch is a rocker. Thanks. Thay may help me find one. I knew there was a name for that kind of switch, but I couldn't remember what it was. Problem is finding one exactly like it so I don't have to go through the pain of adapting one. Methinks I'll end up buying another Variac. They're cheap enough, and I don't use a Variac much any more. Only when something breaks. My building days are pretty much over.

Thanks.

The key to the rocker is to measure the hole it is mounted in, in mm x mm. I keep a selection of basic rockers in my drawers, and looking at that one, I am pretty sure one of the ones I have would fit. I say that to mean that ordinary readily available types from Mouser or Jameco or wherever should cover it, the ones I stock are not weird sizes.

And I certainly like the ideas rayma and Andrew offered.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.