Radio Shack store-closing deals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
if your Radio Shack is still discounting their stuff before going out of business...now their discounted normally-bloated prices are still not great, but are finally getting comparable to the competition.

Don't get the Memeorex CD player, mine has some nasty overload distortion on musical peaks, even at very low output levels. Has a digital memory anti-skip buffer but still doesn't track very well.

I rather like the 2200087 True RMS Digital Multimeter if you get it cheap enough. Comes with some nice extras like temp probe, does all the nice things like capacitance meter, duty cycle, frequency counter (I wonder what the range of that is??) and can operate in DB if you want. And it has a USB cable and PC software for datalogging. It can plot, sort of like the world's slowest oscilloscope LOL.

The 'differential' measurement mode is nice, which is really an add or subtract relative to baseline feature. Really nice for zeroing the effect of the leads for small resistance measurements.

At first I thought it didn't autorange, but it does, you can just override it if you please.

The min and max feature is nice.

Funny, the last Radio Shack I drove past in my old neighborhood I thought was closed down. The windows where all painted black and graffiti all over the front of the store.

I slowed down, remembering all the RC cars, Tanks, walkies talkies, full range wizzer cone projects and the High end Poly dome tweeters! The free battery a month club, and all the cool stuff!

As I kept going the door was the only piece of glass not painted black and guess what... They where still open :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.