[free?] software for amp FR and Distortion measurements? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2015, 08:07 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default [free?] software for amp FR and Distortion measurements?

Apologies if this has been covered before.

I just finished building my first valve amp and need to do some measurements now. I tested my amp at work (and it did not explode etc ) but all testing equipment is at one work site which is 300 km from my home. So I was thinking to get 4 channel data acquisition box for PC and use software to produce excitation and measure output.

Any advises about software needed?

AFAIK for testing, necessary input signals are 1V sine or square, output measurement are frequency response, THD and distortion profile
Old 26th March 2015, 11:26 AM   #2
skidave is offline skidave  United States
diyAudio Member

Search in this section (Equipment & Tools) using key words ARTA for one search and QA400 for another search. All the information you need is here, just need to read a bit...
Old 26th March 2015, 03:12 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Try the free Visual Analyser. Some good threads here and lots of info on the designer's site (if you can read Italian!). E
Old 27th March 2015, 12:14 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hopefully this is not a distortion of the phrase "free software" Free software is software that
respects the users freedom, is free to use, copy and distribute,study and modify the source code, and publish new versions of that source code if required, it is the opposite of proprietary software explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJi2rkHiNqg

There are many software packages available that are free software such as geda, oregano, debian science electronics packages,and Fedora do a complete operating system dedicated to electronics About Spin: Fedora Electronic Lab

Cheers / Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!