Where would I find schematics and such for projects? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2015, 05:07 PM   #1
vile80r is offline vile80r  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Where would I find schematics and such for projects?

Hi, Gang

Hopefully this is an okay location for this post, if not I'm happy to move it if possible or somebody could move it where it belongs.

I'd like to build some mic preamps and possibly audio interfaces. For example, I'm interested in building a Neve 1073 from scratch. I realize there are DIY kits on the market but, I'd like to track down schematics and build one from scratch sourcing my own parts etc. This goes for anything really. I'd love to build a guitar preamp and a turntable preamp. I'm just unsure where I'd find such schematics. Is there a repository of plans somewhere or is it digging through Google searches hoping to score? Any help would be great.

Thomas
Old 19th March 2015, 06:28 PM   #2
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vile80r View Post
I'd like to build some mic preamps and possibly audio interfaces. For example, I'm interested in building a Neve 1073 from scratch.
Product Downloads/Manuals | AMS Neve

There are vast numbers of RIAA preamp and guitar preamp circuits for the searching, start on this site.

Last edited by rayma; 19th March 2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 26th March 2015, 01:03 AM   #3
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Magazines like Elektor have published all kinds of projects over the years. It is possible to buy or otherwise obtain CD-ROM archives of back issues. Also, they put out some audio only collections of articles.
Old 26th March 2015, 01:30 AM   #4
vile80r is offline vile80r  United States
diyAudio Member

I appreciate the help. Is there a specific area here in the forums for schematics or are they scattered?
Old 26th March 2015, 01:42 AM   #5
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I appreciate the help. Is there a specific area here in the forums for schematics or are they scattered?
Very scattered, but go to the first post of a thread and the schematic (often updated) should be there. Some examples:
Simplistic NJFET RIAA
The diyAudio build guides

Last edited by rayma; 26th March 2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 26th March 2015, 01:54 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is there a specific area here in the forums for schematics or are they scattered?
I wouldn't say "scattered" - they are mostly found in the sub-forums that apply to the type of project. E.g., in the "Amplifiers" section you won't find many vacuum tube projects in the "Solid State" subforum; "Pass Labs" concentrates on variations of designs from a particular designer; you're likely to find glowing praises under "Tubes/Valves"; etc. To see all the possibilities, click on "Forums" in the ribbon bar near the top of any page.

Some project schematics evolve over time, so it's a good idea to skim through a complete thread before placing your parts order. And, some projects either fork into two or more versions, or experience a resurrection in a new form several months or years after initial interest has waned - so after locating an interesting circuit, use the "Search" feature to look for later revelations.

Dale
Old 26th March 2015, 03:18 AM   #7
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

A site that's especially for mic preamps and other studio gear is GroupDIY - We break stuff...and occasionally make stuff.

Hide this!Advertise here!