Low Frequency Analog and Digital Signal Generator - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 07:44 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Europe-Asia
Default Low Frequency Analog and Digital Signal Test Generator

Hello friends.
Maybe this will be interesting for somebody:
http://www.altor.co/products/jkgen
Attached Images
File Type: png jkg_view.png (56.4 KB, 597 views)
__________________
Regards, Alex
www.altor.co

Last edited by altor; 16th April 2014 at 09:12 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
 
Max Headroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Australia, straight over the road from the beach, natural ambient sounds only.
Any costings ?.

Dan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 01:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Europe-Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
Any costings ?.

Dan.
Contact us from the website or private message here.
__________________
Regards, Alex
www.altor.co
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 02:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Europe-Asia
I put the prices at the web site.
__________________
Regards, Alex
www.altor.co
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 09:28 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
 
Max Headroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West Australia, straight over the road from the beach, natural ambient sounds only.
Default Peer Review....

That's better .
$520.00 might be a bit pricey for some around here, but not all.
Send a copy to RNMarsh for evaluation.
Richard has an extensive range of high performance test gear that would be useful to verify/categorise the performance of your device.

With his seal of approval you would likely gain much interest in your product.

Dan.

Your website is not complete...not good for business.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 10:11 PM   #6
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Blog Entries: 3
I think its interesting. Especially the ability to generate DSD test files. I would like more DSD test files than are listed but they cover most of the requirements. Getting DSD into external devices is the hard part. Most only support USB. A few support SPDIF. I2S is kind of a misnomer for DSD since DSD would be L, R & CLK which don't match I2S. Some devices change their inputs and others have separate inputs for DSD.

Another useful feature would be to be able to add jitter to the data stream to test for jitter reduction at the receiver/audio output. In this context a Dunn J-Test signal would be great.
__________________
Demian Martin
Product Design Services
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 10:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Europe-Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
That's better .
$520.00 might be a bit pricey for some around here, but not all.
There is an option, to buy it for $180.

Quote:
Send a copy to RNMarsh for evaluation.
Richard has an extensive range of high performance test gear that would be useful to verify/categorise the performance of your device.

With his seal of approval you would likely gain much interest in your product.

Dan.
I'll think.

Quote:
Your website is not complete...not good for business.
I just make it as a documentation and firmware upgrade storage.

BTW, I put a CAD image to the 1st message, and can't edit it. So, here is a real device's image:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G384-12.JPG (110.9 KB, 558 views)
__________________
Regards, Alex
www.altor.co
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 03:24 AM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dona paula, Goa
I think the Left channel is always drawn on top, atleast on schematics. Don't know about RCAs...

Gajanan Phadte
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 05:04 AM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Europe-Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1audio View Post
I think its interesting. Especially the ability to generate DSD test files. I would like more DSD test files than are listed but they cover most of the requirements. Getting DSD into external devices is the hard part. Most only support USB. A few support SPDIF. I2S is kind of a misnomer for DSD since DSD would be L, R & CLK which don't match I2S. Some devices change their inputs and others have separate inputs for DSD.
DSD Bus and I2S But shares the same output connector's pins:
WCLK = L
SDATA = R
BCLK = CLK

Quote:
Another useful feature would be to be able to add jitter to the data stream to test for jitter reduction at the receiver/audio output. In this context a Dunn J-Test signal would be great.
In the development.

Device's firmware is easy upgradable from the USB-stick (disk on key)
__________________
Regards, Alex
www.altor.co
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 05:15 AM   #10
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Europe-Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmphadte View Post
I think the Left channel is always drawn on top, atleast on schematics. Don't know about RCAs...

Gajanan Phadte
It is not so important, in normal operation both channels are the same.
User can select between in-phase channels (L+R), out of phase (L-R), one channel (L or R) or bot mute.

I implement out of phase signal when I prototyping tube push-pull output stage.

BTW, I'm also have some external accessories to the generator:
- comparator, to get the square wave with 500v/us rise/down time
- 2CH high voltage amplifier (200v p-p) - for tube circuits development.

I do not have a plans to manufacture these accessories , but I can provide the empty PCB for DIY, as a gift with generator.
(this time there is no PCB for high voltage amp, I make it on a breadboard, but will be...)
__________________
Regards, Alex
www.altor.co
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kramer Tools Model 830 Digital/Analog Generator ungie Swap Meet 7 18th February 2012 07:30 PM
Digital Audio Signal Generator prairiemystic Digital Line Level 3 23rd April 2010 09:47 AM
Low Distortion Signal Generator EchoWars Everything Else 150 6th March 2010 02:56 PM
Digital Freqency To Analog Frequency dswiston Everything Else 1 1st December 2004 03:21 AM
low frequency generator computer software? player_low Parts 3 30th October 2004 05:16 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2