PROBE MASTER!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you want something skinny and retractable Pomona/Fluke has one, Mueller also makes a nice slim and pointy model but the banana plug in not right angled.

I have personally seen a Probe Master model and it was fatter than my regular Fluke.

They look nice, but I do not like the banana plugs, they are not shielded as most of today safety standard leads. The ONLY thing that I do not like about the master probes is they look too fat...maybe it is just the pictures:confused:

If you want something skinny and retractable Pomona/Fluke has one, Mueller also makes a nice slim and pointy model but the banana plug in not right angled.

I have personally seen a Probe Master model and it was fatter than my regular Fluke.

Thanks, I have the Fluke TL175 and I like it, but I am looking for something slim like the TL175 but with not too much tip metal exposed (just the tip) and I do not like to put caps on the tip or twist on. Probe master look very good, but they are too fat to use them in small places and again, I do not like to use thin or long plug tips.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The long pointed tip for the Agilent U8202 matches what you are asking for. Its the most useful aspect of the probes.

Attachments

• U8202 tip.PNG
    U8202 tip.PNG
    126.1 KB · Views: 173
Here's the retractable tip from Pomona that I was talking about with only the tips exposed. This is what I have at work. I use something similar at home which I got from a local ham meet with the straight banana plug and thicker leads made by a different US maker.

Pomona P/N: 5953A

Digikey sells them for $27, not cheap but worth it. Wires are wrapped with high temperature silicone insulation. These probes are perfect for piercing PCB conformal coating as they have sharp tips.

Last edited:
Here's the retractable tip from Pomona that I was talking about with only the tips exposed. This is what I have at work. I use something similar at home which I got from a local ham meet with the straight banana plug and thicker leads made by a different US maker.

Pomona P/N: 5953A

Digikey sells them for $27, not cheap but worth it. Wires are wrapped with high temperature silicone insulation. These probes are perfect for piercing PCB conformal coating as they have sharp tips.

I like it, but it is just cat II rating and it is 3 Amp current max :(

I have been using Probe Master products for almost ten years now and highly recommend them. I first purchased from them when I bought a used HP 3468, which came without probes. I later bought other used units on eBay and purchased the probes from Probe Master again. I encourage you to buy the kit and not the leads only, as the price difference is really small.

8000 Series Multimeter Test Leads mfg. by Probe Master

I even bought a kit to use with my Fluke 187, even though I bought it new and the original probes are still in good condition. The attachments included in the kit are really useful.

The Probe Master#8043S kit was a throw in when I bought my Fluke 179 in 2010. The kit includes the probes you're looking at plus Alligator Clips. A high quality set. IMO better than the Fluke supplied Probes.

Yes, they are fat, The only drawback.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.