Audio Precision AP Analyser series - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th August 2013, 10:11 PM   #31
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post
I am using Win7 with my SYS2722. I have WIN8 on my Samsung Laptop and am actually beginning to like it. I'll load the AP software on it and see if i can get it to work.

Can you get it to work in "Demo Mode" or is it a communications issue. By the way, demo mode is valuable to have on another PC to pull up data files.
yes, the demo works. I think using two new software programs at the same time isnt helpful, either. I know nothing about WIN8. cant find what I am looking for and do not want to read the million page manual... but might have to.

Thanks - if you can help.

-Richard
Old 16th August 2013, 10:33 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Well guess what? A-P tech support says with WIN 8, the APIB software doesnt work 'for some reason'. The drivers dont load. Just what I found and was going to ask them how to make it load.

BUT... if you use the ATS2 drivers, it will work with WIN8/2722. They didnt cross their heart and hope to die if it didnt work, either. But, I think this will work and might be able to have some tests up to show this weekend.

"Go to the A-P site and to Download; ATS2; Software; ATS ver 1.60 Run it and you should be good to go with the 2722."

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited by RNMarsh; 16th August 2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 24th August 2013, 04:48 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

I am still working on it.... have to find those drivers --- but doing good things in several areas and they all have to take their turn. be back when i get back to this and its working and I can start to show some things with the A-P. The WIN8 stuff has held me up... just trying to find things is a mystery sometimes.

Thx-RNMarsh
Old 29th August 2013, 11:35 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Ok. Where and which APIB/USB drivers?
cant use the ones for the 2722... they dont work. Need the ATS (1 or is it 2?) or ?
How to attach/run them with the rest of the software... if there are any other surprises or tricks to make it communicate.

-RNM

Last edited by RNMarsh; 29th August 2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 30th August 2013, 05:30 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Finally... got the correct drivers to run with the USB/APIB interface to the Win8/USB3.0 portable computer. And, next I have to install the optional IM hardware.
But, first playing with it to see whats new compared to my old SYS One with DSP. The GUI has same look and operation with a few more bells and whistles.

Checking its accuracy below -100dB against other analyzers/generators will be first order of the day.

Thx-RNMarsh
Old 5th September 2013, 02:44 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMarsh View Post
Finally... got the correct drivers to run with the USB/APIB interface to the Win8/USB3.0 portable computer. And, next I have to install the optional IM hardware.
But, first playing with it to see whats new compared to my old SYS One with DSP. The GUI has same look and operation with a few more bells and whistles.

Checking its accuracy below -100dB against other analyzers/generators will be first order of the day.

Thx-RNMarsh
I am also interested to do whole system tests -- using signal sourced via CD disk from A-P. And, using multi-tones for system tests... from CD to speaker. Instead of only individual equipment tests.

Thx-RNMarsh
Old 5th September 2013, 02:59 PM   #37
davada is offline davada  Canada
diyAudio Member

When do you think you will begin your tests on the QA400 and sound cards?
I'm interested in the EMU stuff.
Old 5th September 2013, 05:19 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davada View Post
When do you think you will begin your tests on the QA400 and sound cards?
I'm interested in the EMU stuff.

Not sure... but soon. Got to get caught up on some last minute - end of summer stuff.

-RM
Old 8th September 2013, 12:08 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Default Summer status -

Recall, I was wondering if we didnt need a high speed Sample and Hold (S/H) to do detailed analysis on transient signals and other non-sinewave signals [to see how they compare in tests]. Well this model A-P has a built in 80MHz S/H
I cant quit afford it but had to take advantage of good deals when they present themselves. It has every bell and whistle i can ever imagine using or needing. It can help in a lot of areas.... including the comparison with soundcards etc. But in some ideas I want to explore regarding non-sinewave vs sinewave to see if/how power amps behave differently with different stimuli. Esp stimili that more resembles music transients.

Right now, I am on page 268 of 590 pages of the manual -- will be getting familiar with it for the rest of the summer. Still have to install the option IM boards.

The USB interface software is still flakey with WIN 8... it works... sort of... most of the time. Error messages and hangups occassionally. Weird stuff which I assume will get worked out for USB 3.0/Win8 sooner or later. If I had paid full retail price for the machine, i'd really be pissed, though.

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited by RNMarsh; 8th September 2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 13th September 2013, 12:50 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

can someone show me a screen dump of their settings for maximimum resolution FFT measurement (single channel - 1KHz source)?

need to check things here to be sure instrument is functioning correctly.

Thank you,
-Richard

Hide this!Advertise here!