Wavetek SAM Help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2013, 06:24 PM   #1
GOR3 is offline GOR3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Wavetek SAM Help

After reading Brian Beezley's write up of the Wavetek SAM I, I bought one on eBay. The write up is here Refurbishing the Wavetek SAM for 88108 MHz Mine differs from Brian's in two material respects. First, mine doesn't work; second, mine is a later iteration from the '90s. I obtained an owner's and service manual, but they both relate to the earlier (1980s) model and mine differs significantly. I'm trouble-shooting the power supply and a schematic would help a lot. If you've worked on a SAM I or have the schematic of the later iteration, I'd love to hear from you.
Best regards,
George
Old 5th April 2013, 06:23 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I bought one on eBay several years ago and have used it many times. I do not have a schematic for it but could possibly make some photos of the circuit board and mark some test points and the voltages at them. Mine is also quite a bit different than Brian's unit.

Fred

Hide this!Advertise here!