ShibaSoku Automatic Distortion Analyzer - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd April 2013, 03:29 AM   #11
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

An alternative analyzer might be the Panasonic brand (National) model VP-7725. Claims thd below .0001%... It includes the generator with the analyzer and it comes up on eBay every so often. As does their other models. Worth a look.
I picked up a VP-7722 yesterday and will check and compare and see what potential it has. It specs .0005% thd or less.

Thx-RNMarsh
Old 3rd April 2013, 05:00 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Please PM me the results well before you post so I can buy one before the price goes up.
ES
Old 5th April 2013, 03:25 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMarsh View Post
I picked up a VP-7722 yesterday and will check and compare and see what potential it has. It specs .0005% thd or less.

Thx-RNMarsh
Its a VP-7723A
Old 4th August 2013, 03:06 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I later found and bought a VP-7722. Excellent machine!

-RNMarsh
Old 5th August 2013, 10:50 PM   #15
RM is offline RM  Norway
diyAudio Member

Default VP-7722

I can attest to that Richard. I had one for more than 15 years. Truly excellent machine. I ultimately replaced it with a R&S UPV.

RMalmin
Old 5th August 2013, 11:43 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

The VP-77xx series are all now available on ebay and other places at prices of a used Audio-Precision SYS ONE. It is better than the older A-P by far. However, those nice PC FFT graphs are seductive.

I loaned (gave?) away my SYS One Dual Domain with every option and use either the Panasonic or ShibaShoku now.... But, I just got an A-P 2722 with options. But, I wont give up the ShibaShuko nor the Panasonic.

How do you like the R&S UPV ?

Thx-Richard

Last edited by RNMarsh; 5th August 2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 6th August 2013, 06:17 AM   #17
RM is offline RM  Norway
diyAudio Member

I still miss the Panasonic though. Very handy for the workbench and quick glances at at signal.

The UPV, however, is a veritable Pandoras box of opportunities measurewise. In one word, superb. But as it is built on a computer platform, it does require some time to initialize after turn on, I use it mostly for R&D.

The Panasonic can measure, separately, down to the fifth harmonic. The UPV, on the other hand, can simultaneously display down to the tenth. Very handy for the likes of adjusting quiesent current, verifying operating points etc.

Roar
Old 1st September 2013, 11:38 AM   #18
PChi is offline PChi  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I bought the ShibaSoku AD725C Automatic Distortion Analyzer last year via Ebay for 150 including carriage. It was useful to test my Oscillator design but am now not using it.
It weighs about 17 kgs so I would prefer not to have to pack and ship it. I can demonstrate operation so if anyone would like the AD725C and can collect from Staines upon Thames they are welcome to it for 150.
I am in no hurry so I guess the best way is if anyone is interested please send a private message.
Old 1st September 2013, 02:21 PM   #19
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

If I were on that side of the pond I would be over immediately (not that i need a second unit). I hope it goes to a good home. Thanks for your reverse engineering efforts.
Old 1st September 2013, 04:54 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Do you have the 725C analog input stage amplifier drawn? Curious what the circuit looks like.

Thx-RM

Hide this!Advertise here!