Characterization and Testing Operational Amplifiers
Understanding DC characteristics, AC characteristics, settling time, slew rate and bandwidth for an Op-Amp and the limitations these parameters encounter in actual circuits is critical for audio equipment designers. This project will introduce designers to testing the properties of Op-Amps.
Here are a few Parameters that can be measured with the test fixture:
· Vos - Input off set voltage.
· +IB - Input bias current.
· -IB - Input bias current.
· IOS - Input offset current.
· SR - Slew Rate
· fp - Full power bandwidth.
· AVol - Open loop DC voltage gain.
· Xf - Unity gain bandwidth or gain bandwidth product.
· CMRR - Common mode rejection ratio.
· RL - The output driving a resistive load at the output.
· CL - The output driving a capacitive load at the output.
· CMR - Common mode range.
Additional tests can be added as needed.
All of these parameters are already measured in the datasheet from manufacturer, why do you want to measure them again ? For sorting better parts in a lot of same ?
Test Parameter Requirements vs Test Time
Not all devices are tested equally. Testing adds costs, so low cost components are rarely tested completely, whereas medical or high costs components (where reliability is important) are frequently tested.
But testing the device for all parameters may or may not be required depending on the device functionality and end user. For example if the device finds application in medical or life saving products then many of its parameters must be tested, and some of the parameters must be guaranteed. But deciding on the parameters to be tested is a complex decision based on cost vs yield.
Automatic test equipment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Production Testing Strategy
Characterization vs. High Volume Production
* It is not cost effective to extensively test all parameters in production
* Generally a shorter test list is sufficient to guarantee performance
* Key data sheet and predictive parametric items should be selected
AC versus DC testing
* Precision Opamps have a test list dominated by DC parameters
* High speed Opamps may have mostly AC parameters tested
* This presentation focuses on DC testing
Inside the Opamp test fixture
Nice. :) Instrumentation engineering ;)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio