Can any digital scopes do X-Y ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been using an analog scope to display X-Y like the pic in my avatar. It's a great help to have control of the deflection factor (volts per division) and signal inversion like the old Tek 7000 series where all you have to do is stick a vertical plugin in the horizontal slot. Phase is a problem above 100kHz because of the vertical delay line, but that's ok. Is there a digital scope that can do this?

My trusty Lab Assistant used the X-Y mode on the Tek TDS 1002B to plot the V-I characteristic of a series RLC circuit at two different frequencies . . . and determined that the roll of black hookup wire has an inductance of about 49 uHy.

Other comments:

• The "MEASURE" feature on the TDS 1002 doesn't work with X-Y mode so you can't show frequency on the X-Y display;
  • The Tek "OpenChoice Desktop" program is a nice way to grab an image of the 'scope display;
  • The Windows "Snipping Tool" is an easy-to-use screen-capture program;
  • The IPEVO P2V webcam can focus down close enough to inspect the plating on an IC pin.
Dale

Attachments

• Inductor_Test_02.jpg
    Inductor_Test_02.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
The things I'm looking at are not repetitive waveforms. Mostly looking at voltage and current in a speaker driven by a guitar well past clipping. See post #4 in this thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/inst...ft-clipping-current-limited-power-supply.html
The waveforms need to be recorded for perhaps 0.1 seconds and then plotted in X-Y form. Can the scope display it in real time or is it some post acquire processing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.