Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th August 2012, 05:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New Info for Eico 666/667 Tube Testers

I've been digging deeper into the Eico 666 (Satan's Choice) and 667 tube testers. Though I realize tube testing isn't a pass/fail thing and some judgement has to be applied, I have little tolerance for test equipment that doesn't report what I think it does. IMO, Eico made a bit of a blunder with their numbers and probably decided it was better to let sleeping dogs lie, than to confuse everybody. Or, as sometimes happens, I could be completely confused about matters. At any rate, if you use a 666 or 667, you'll probably be interested in this spreadsheet for settings and adjustments. Feedback, good or bad, is desired as I edit quite frequently!

Last edited by Conrad Hoffman; 4th August 2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 6th August 2012, 03:51 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Conrad,

Although it will be a while until I have a chance to try your settings I do want to thank you for posting the spreadsheet. It looks very useful.

Thanks again,

Ron
Old 7th August 2012, 04:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks Ron! Lots of views, but very little input on whether I've lost my mind or found it.

There are an infinite number of settings that can be used to test a tube, but due to limitations of most tube testers none of those settings will precisely match the application!

Hide this!Advertise here!