Looking for Oscilloscope in India

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for an Oscilloscope,for my Diy Audio bench (Own use),where obviously I cannot afford too much damage to pockets(<40k INR).
preferably analogue one with 100 MHZ+ bandwidth having minimum 2 channels.
Re-furbished or Used one in good working condition shall be given priority choice due to price factor.
Anticipating your advice.

I am from South India, Kerala.
Thank you.

Why not a good sound card and Visual Analyzer or one of the many other free computer programs? E

Sound cards and PC Analizer I already have.But they are limited to 20 khz or so.

I have lost second Vifa tweeter this time, including power MosFEts and zobel network.it seems My amplifier have a mind of its own.:crazy:

I want to to track down spurious oscillation of Mhz order .

jayadev,
40k is a very bad price point. Just above the cheap ones and a bit below the branded ones.
:) Maybe you should consider a Rigol digital scope.
There's a review on EEVblog

Agreed 40 k is too wicked to ask for, but it has no commercial use but just my own Enthusiasm .

That is why I am considering a used one or refurbished one if available.

I would be so lucky and obliged if somebody could help me out with a good deal.

I am researching on Rigol and was given a price quote today morning

DS1102E
Rigol Make 100MHz (1GSa/s RTS, 10 Gsa/s ETS) Digital storage Oscilloscope, Colour TFT ,function, alternate triggering, Roll mode, math functions,digital filter, waveform recorder, cursor Measurements, 22 automatic measurements, standard interface USB host, USB device with waveforms analysis software
32999.00- Exstock

Expert could advice me how good this could be .
and what could be this "exstock?" btw

Last edited:
AFAIK "ex-stock" means he already has the Scope in stock (in his shop/warehouse), and can dispatch it to you immediately. Other people don't keep any stock, and only when you place your order, they'll import the scope (so obviously it will take a long time for delivery.)

mickeymoose ,
yes the verticle resolution is 8 bit for Rigol .
can you explain what all reason will make 8 bit inadequate for audio purpose ?
because I am not in a position to spend a fortune for high end scopes I am just an enthusiast not a professional.

Thanks in advance.

2^8=256. 100:256 = ~0.4% reading for distortion measurement (if you ar lucky!). You need at least 12 bits for audio. For other work this scope seems great!
As I mentioned earlier, I use the Visual Analyzer. My interface is the E-MU 0204. It runs at 196kHz and 24 bits. A very inexpensive setup, and good for audio! E

mickeymoose ,
I am already in dilemma and you have doubled it, thanks I love it.

Kindly elaborate if it will be useless to have 8 bit scope for anything related to audio.

I do have a Laptop and lot of free/demo analyzers + ECM8000 mic and tried it with them All. It is nice to see them perform. (considering to buy m-audio card if things go well)

But when I want to see something beyond Audio cards bandwidth I am left with no Ideas or maybe I am imagining too much (Noob here)

Honestly I am scared of using my audio card for power amp , I have used them with buffers and attenuation but they are not making me feel good. whole apparatus become messed up with lot of cables and annoying noise on the screen.

then I came with Idea of O-scope believing that it will give me a reference in-case if I err.

My recent wrestle is against Elektor hexfet Amp,I have a heap of smoked IRF540 &9540 thanks God for FET's are cheap .

Thanks in Advance

Did you look at the Owon SDS range? The 100Mhz digital storage scope costs Rs30K. Dealer is in Delhi who also sells Metravi ( correct name ?) meters.
You will find the advert in EFY magazine. Lots of reviews about it on the Net.

But simpler analog scopes are available at lower prices . Check EFY magazine for advertisements. They had an issue on oscilloscopes recently.

Take time and study your options. There are many people selling scopes in India today. Better you buy a new one. Old ones may be defective or have hidden problems which are not worth fixing. 100Mhz is good but you can manage with 50/60 Mhz.100Mhz is good to see issues that burnt up your tweeter.;)

If I were you I'd give preference to a regular analog scope. Your second scope could be a digital one ! You have Scientific scopes , Philips , Aplab etc.

I think there are several analog scopes in the 15 to 20 K range.

Buy several issues of EFY or look for back issues and check out their web site. DON'T buy in a hurry ! COMPARE prices and performance on the web even on international sites. We now have a much better playing field here than we did a few years ago !

Cheers.

That should be a great scope. Hope it's refurbished and calibrated properly.
How much did it cost ? Much better than any locally made scopes.

Trace it back to ISRO ? I heard that lots of great equipment is sold via
the back door from ISRO and many of them are unused ! They just buy to
use up the funds every year. Equipment keeps piling up in the stores !
Cheers.

Last edited:
That should be a great scope. Hope it's refurbished and calibrated properly.
How much did it cost ? Much better than any locally made scopes.

Trace it back to ISRO ? I heard that lots of great equipment is sold via
the back door from ISRO and many of them are unused ! They just buy to
use up the funds every year. Equipment keeps piling up in the stores !
Cheers.
Yes that is what he said, It was from ISRO or other big institutions.

I paid 34k INR with 2 probes.

First thing I fixed was my function generator. :superman:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.