Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2012, 03:58 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bruel and Kjaer Audio Frequency Spectrometer and Band Pass Filter

Hi,
I've come across these, Type 2111 and Type 1612, but know nothing about them. Both appear to be in good condition and are circa 1960 with instruction and application manuals and some leads. My question is, have they any use to anyone nowadays or are they best recycled?

Thanks

Paul.

Ps. Sorry if it's the wrong forum for such a question.
Old 28th February 2012, 04:14 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Worth a couple of hundred on eBay. The 1/3 octave filter set although replaced by computer based measurements is still handy to meet international standards when making measurements.
Old 28th February 2012, 07:21 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Simon,
thankyou very much for such a quick response After a little googling from what you've said I now acually know a little more of what it's used for.

Thanks again

Paul.
Old 29th February 2012, 02:55 AM   #4
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

If it is the one with the bargraph CRT B&W display, it is simply way cool to have running while your system is playing...

_-_-bear
Old 27th January 2013, 02:17 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Sorry to bump an old thread but I never did get round to getting rid of these! After closer inspection of the actual item it appear to be a 2107 model (the manual is for a 2111)
After meeting someone the other day who's really into their high end audio I was wondering if I could use this piece of kit as a high quality amplifier? Looking at the block diagram the device contains an input and output amplifier. I'm assuming it wouldn't be loud but the quality would be there.
Other than that would the valves be useful for someone into their audio? I haven't seen anything like this actually sell on ebay as yet.

Hide this!Advertise here!