diyAudio (
-   Equipment & Tools (
-   -   Bruel and Kjaer Audio Frequency Spectrometer and Band Pass Filter (

Paul Baldwin 28th February 2012 03:58 PM

Bruel and Kjaer Audio Frequency Spectrometer and Band Pass Filter
I've come across these, Type 2111 and Type 1612, but know nothing about them. Both appear to be in good condition and are circa 1960 with instruction and application manuals and some leads. My question is, have they any use to anyone nowadays or are they best recycled?



Ps. Sorry if it's the wrong forum for such a question.

simon7000 28th February 2012 04:14 PM

Worth a couple of hundred on eBay. The 1/3 octave filter set although replaced by computer based measurements is still handy to meet international standards when making measurements.

Paul Baldwin 28th February 2012 07:21 PM

Hi Simon,
thankyou very much for such a quick response :) After a little googling from what you've said I now acually know a little more of what it's used for.

Thanks again


bear 29th February 2012 02:55 AM

If it is the one with the bargraph CRT B&W display, it is simply way cool to have running while your system is playing... :D


Paul Baldwin 27th January 2013 02:17 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but I never did get round to getting rid of these! After closer inspection of the actual item it appear to be a 2107 model (the manual is for a 2111)
After meeting someone the other day who's really into their high end audio I was wondering if I could use this piece of kit as a high quality amplifier? Looking at the block diagram the device contains an input and output amplifier. I'm assuming it wouldn't be loud but the quality would be there.
Other than that would the valves be useful for someone into their audio? I haven't seen anything like this actually sell on ebay as yet.

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:27 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2