Low-distortion Audio-range Oscillator - Page 315 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd September 2013, 12:59 PM   #3141
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1audio View Post
I just got a small improvement in the KH4400 replacing the key opamps with LME49990's. The 2nd improved a little and the noise more.
Whoa, that must have been difficult. Just reading the TI datasheet on that chip makes me nervous with all the warnings about triple bypassing on each power supply pin, etc.
Old 27th September 2013, 06:22 PM   #3142
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

Davada -- speaking of relays.... remember the 339A - we thought an extra wafer on the switches is needed to get it working best?
What about a small board with relays on it instead? How can that be done.... it would really make that unit work best at all selected freqs.

Thx-RNMarsh
Old 27th September 2013, 07:10 PM   #3143
davada is offline davada  Canada
diyAudio Member

An F to V convertor driving a comparator ladder and some form of switching. yes.
Old 28th September 2013, 07:44 AM   #3144
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davada View Post
An F to V convertor driving a comparator ladder and some form of switching. yes.
Hmmm sounds like an intriging possibility. We should try it as that problem was a major hold-back to making it work like it ought to.

-RNM
Old 28th September 2013, 04:45 PM   #3145
davada is offline davada  Canada
diyAudio Member

There is no question of the workability. We have already determined that. But how far do you want to go. Again it's the cost of switches and trim pots per frequency. By cost I don't necessarily mean money.
Old 29th September 2013, 05:47 AM   #3146
diyAudio Member

Just to the level that is quick and easy to do... to make a difference in performance... not to the ends of the world effort.
Old 10th October 2013, 05:24 PM   #3147
diyAudio Member

The originally considered in this thread is a phase-shifting type of oscillator, detailed analysis of its circuitry is now available at the website http://www.vkaudiotest.co.uk .
I represent there my VK-1 audio oscillator which was designed and built fifteen years ago and since then, along with the VK-2 distortion meter, has become an indispensable assistant in creating my original low-distortion (<0,001%) audio components.
Their comprehensive descriptions are placed at the above website too and I hope the material may be interested for both electronics amateurs and professionals.

Last edited by vkaudiotest; 10th October 2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11th October 2013, 12:31 AM   #3148
DDB is online now DDB  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaudiotest View Post
The originally considered in this thread is a phase-shifting type of oscillator, detailed analysis of its circuitry is now available at the website Vkaudiotest .
I represent there my VK-1 audio oscillator which was designed and built fifteen years ago and since then, along with the VK-2 distortion meter, has become an indispensable assistant in creating my original low-distortion (<0,001%) audio components.
Their comprehensive descriptions are placed at the above website too and I hope the material may be interested for both electronics amateurs and professionals.
Is the information available for these links:VK-4 LOW-VOLTAGE AUDIO SYSTEM, VK-6 LIVE-SOUND AUDIO SYSTEM, AUDIO UNIVERSAL METER, VK-8 RMS CONVERTER ?
Old 11th October 2013, 03:11 AM   #3149
richiem is offline richiem  United States
diyAudio Member

@vkaudiotest --
Very nice presentation and very useful designs -- thanks for posting your site. It certainly is new to me.

I noted in the design of the distortion analyzer that you take the input signal and use a phase-shifter to develop the quadrature tuning signals. Is there a particular reason that you didn't pick-off the signals from the midpoints of each T section, which are innately in quadrature?
Old 11th October 2013, 03:34 AM   #3150
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaudiotest View Post
The originally considered in this thread is a phase-shifting type of oscillator, detailed analysis of its circuitry is now available at the website Vkaudiotest .

We are looking for all such test equipment options and designs in order to be able to design and test our own amplifiers. How close are you (weeks, months, years?) to make available your finished product for DIY building?

And .... have you also made any FFT hardware ? Or recommend a DIY design for an existing ADC/FFT system?

Thx-RNMarsh

Hide this!Advertise here!