Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2011, 04:32 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Weller EC3001 Give-A-Way

Well it’s Christmas time again and once again even though I don’t have much to give I would like to give back again this year. Last year was a scope and a meter with an infrared attachment but all I have this year is a Weller EC3001 and some spare tips. The Weller works great and I have used it for year’s trouble free. I am very lucky to have received a new Weller for Christmas so passing my old one on just makes scene. Chris (Anatek) has helped me quite a bit this year as others with complicated problems, thanks’ again. It’s always nice to have a second “ear” on the problem at times. This is the least I can do. So if you really need a decent solder station and are willing to pay the shipping I would be more than glade to send it to you. I will as last year try to find the neediest person so send me a PM.
Old 15th December 2011, 02:16 AM   #2
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Ed,
That is extremely kind of you! Once again you lead the way in showing people / corporations on just how to recycle equipment.

Someone out there needs a soldering station, and here it is!

-Chris
Old 15th December 2011, 07:30 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Upping the Offer

I'm impressed!

I am not trying to influence your decision, but if by any chance it should go to a young adult (High School or college age) in the general vicinity of St Louis, Missouri . . . I'm willing to teach and coach this person in its proper use, and otherwise assist him/her learn basic electronics by doing audio projects. I probably have some items to add to the the gift, as needed.

Dale
Old 15th December 2011, 08:36 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

That you for your generous offering.

While I do need one, I can just buy one in January.

I am sure (as other have pointed out) that there are some younger than I who need one!
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:20 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I find it hard to believe that thereís not one single sole out there that does not need a soldering station. One that has everything needs nothing though or it may seem. When I was a kid just starting off in the electronic world (at 8 years old) I had to take a butter knife that was heated on the gas stove to solder wires with. It was not a clean job but none the less was all I had till I got older and could afford a real soldering set on my own. Hand-me downís from a one man local TV shop from a guy that spent hours teaching this young kid the difference from a one tube from another(and learing what plate voltage was on my own,shock!). I remember one time he had me test every tube in the store just to get a Simpson meter that was held together with electrical tape. Now thereís one person that had an interest in the station and he has not returned my PM. I suppose Iím just being romantic thinking there might be a young and up and coming person out there that could use this unit. I know itís not a new state of the art station but it still would serve someone well. So, after my rave, I will leave this offer open till midnight 12/23. After that I will just put in in a box and tuck it away till someone really needs it.
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:57 PM   #6
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Everyone,
I can't understand why there haven't been any requests for either offer! Maybe people just can't find the thread?

-Chris
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:31 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by embrown057 View Post
I suppose Iím just being romantic thinking there might be a young and up and coming person out there that could use this unit.
I would describe myself as older and downward going, so I will immediately step aside if anyone more worthy comes along, but as the Weller would a significant step up from what I have I would happily take you up on your offer. If you'd rather put it away for someone in greater need I understand.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:06 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hello Chris

I did it, yesterday I have sent a pm to embrown057 to request it.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited by gaetan8888; 23rd December 2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 23rd December 2011, 03:34 AM   #9
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Gaetan,
Cool. I'm not sure about this, but Ed preferred someone local so he didn't have to ship it. However, it is a nice iron and it will serve you well if Ed can handle all the forms in order to export the iron into Canada.

I know whoever does get this iron, they will be deserving.

-Chris
Old 24th December 2011, 02:55 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Stations go's to Gaetan,
Merry Christmas Everyone.....

Hide this!Advertise here!