Weller EC3001 Give-A-Way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well it’s Christmas time again and once again even though I don’t have much to give I would like to give back again this year. Last year was a scope and a meter with an infrared attachment but all I have this year is a Weller EC3001 and some spare tips. The Weller works great and I have used it for year’s trouble free. I am very lucky to have received a new Weller for Christmas so passing my old one on just makes scene. Chris (Anatek) has helped me quite a bit this year as others with complicated problems, thanks’ again. It’s always nice to have a second “ear” on the problem at times. This is the least I can do. So if you really need a decent solder station and are willing to pay the shipping I would be more than glade to send it to you. I will as last year try to find the neediest person so send me a PM.

Upping the Offer

I'm impressed!

I am not trying to influence your decision, but if by any chance it should go to a young adult (High School or college age) in the general vicinity of St Louis, Missouri . . . I'm willing to teach and coach this person in its proper use, and otherwise assist him/her learn basic electronics by doing audio projects. I probably have some items to add to the the gift, as needed.

Dale

I find it hard to believe that there’s not one single sole out there that does not need a soldering station. One that has everything needs nothing though or it may seem. When I was a kid just starting off in the electronic world (at 8 years old) I had to take a butter knife that was heated on the gas stove to solder wires with. It was not a clean job but none the less was all I had till I got older and could afford a real soldering set on my own. Hand-me down’s from a one man local TV shop from a guy that spent hours teaching this young kid the difference from a one tube from another(and learing what plate voltage was on my own,shock!). I remember one time he had me test every tube in the store just to get a Simpson meter that was held together with electrical tape. Now there’s one person that had an interest in the station and he has not returned my PM. I suppose I’m just being romantic thinking there might be a young and up and coming person out there that could use this unit. I know it’s not a new state of the art station but it still would serve someone well. So, after my rave, I will leave this offer open till midnight 12/23. After that I will just put in in a box and tuck it away till someone really needs it.

I suppose I’m just being romantic thinking there might be a young and up and coming person out there that could use this unit.

I would describe myself as older and downward going, so I will immediately step aside if anyone more worthy comes along, but as the Weller would a significant step up from what I have I would happily take you up on your offer. If you'd rather put it away for someone in greater need I understand.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Gaetan,
Cool. I'm not sure about this, but Ed preferred someone local so he didn't have to ship it. However, it is a nice iron and it will serve you well if Ed can handle all the forms in order to export the iron into Canada.

I know whoever does get this iron, they will be deserving.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.