Heathkit audio Wattmeter - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2011, 07:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Heathkit audio Wattmeter

Hi there guys Picked up a Heathkit AW_1U watt meter, but its got no instructions with it. anyone got any? The schmatic is all over the net but actual operators manual I canna find. all i really need to know is what sort of signal to feed the amp to get a realistic answer. (i was just blowing harp thru my 5e3 and peakin at 30 watts output, I dont think thats quite right lol, Hit 50 on ma Bassman).little help please.
Old 18th November 2011, 04:11 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Heathkit Schematic Diagram Archive has both AW-1 & AW-1U. The schematics look identical. The AW-1 has a spec sheet with it that lists 25W continuous or 50 intermittent. I'd go less than 25, as the load resistors are 24. Figure out what volts into 8 ohms equals 20 watts then set that output using RMS voltmeter. (Feed an oscillator into the amp, probably set to 1000 Hz) Adjust cal pot for 20W. Check at 10Khz. Adjust best compromise setting.
That's my best guess. (How I'd go about it.)
Doc

Hide this!Advertise here!