Cost-effective digital scope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi,

I am looking for a cost-effective 4-channel digital scope. 4 channel is a must, bandwidth less priority; I can live with 50 or 60MHz.
Other requirement is easy way to transfer graphs in good resolution to a PC for use in documentation.
I found a few that are below or just above $ 1000:

Rigol DS1064B: Rigol DS1064B Digitales Speicher Oszilloskop !!Angebotspreis!!

Instek GDS-2064: Instek Digital Oscilloscopes, DSOs on Sale at Test Equipment Depot

Tek TDS 2004B: https://www.valuetronics.com/New_Tektronix_TDS2004B.aspx

The Tek is discontinued but offered as NOS apparently.

One thing I noted is that although all have 8 bit vertical resolution, the Tek 'appears' to have a more smooth curve rendering, although it is not easy to compare as the pictures have different sizes. But the Tek does have a spec for that.

Questions:
Anybody is using any of these; experiences?
Any other units I missed? Any with more than 8 bit vertical resolution?
Any important issues I should check for?

thanks!

jan didden

You should definitely also consider the new Agilent models. None of the other scopes you mentioned even remotely come close to the performance and display fidelity offered by a basic agilent DSOX2004A. It sells for 1453 euro's here in Belgium. There is also a cheaper 2 channel model. There is an extensive review of this scope at the EEVBLOG site:

http://www.eevblog.com/2011/02/15/e...0-x-series-infiniivision-oscilloscope-review/

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You should definitely also consider the new Agilent models. None of the other scopes you mentioned even remotely come close to the performance and display fidelity offered by a basic agilent DSOX2004A. It sells for 1453 euro's here in Belgium. There is also a cheaper 2 channel model. There is an extensive review of this scope at the EEVBLOG site:

EEVblog #143 – Agilent 2000 X Series Infiniivision Oscilloscope Review @ EEVblog – The Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Great link, thanks! Now, I'm going to the US this fall so maybe I need to smuggle one back ;)

jan didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.