HEATHKIT SP-17A / IP-17 HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IIRC it is a >150mA supply, maybe lower. Still, there are a lot of PP & SE amps that are in that range.

Tubes like KT88's however would need something in the Fluke/Kepco/Lambda industrial range.

Thanks

I was looking at this Schematic for a DIY HV PS.

High-voltage bench supply

Nice design and does it all. Could you please explain Industrial range?

How many volts?

Bummer is I have a very nice Lambda Les-EE-02-OV Output 0-18v at a max of 29A. Bought off the bay many years ago for my Brushless motor company. Worked great for that until I started designing motors way out of this power range. 48v @ 150-175A

WO

Industrial means they were for commercial rather than hobby use. The current output was much higher (200-250mA) and they are built like proverbial brick ish-house. The Lambda I have goes up to 500VDC as well. I like the Heathkit and would not mind owning one. For low-current stuff as previously mentioned as well as preamp work, I think it would be great. The bench supply you linked is beautifully done. An ambitious project but it covers all the bases.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.