Implementing a “Y Out” on an Oscilloscope - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th July 2011, 11:04 PM   #101
gpapag is offline gpapag  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
...but I'm afraid that myself, hanging behind a scope sometimes for days, haven't got one either.
Albert
Apart from the qualitative difference that you at least admit you have no clue, the crucial difference is that your “having got one” has no fatal effect on anybody’s life.

Quote:
invented a positive feedback loop, with a delay line.
The trick was using a small trickle of bleeding current (B+) and recycle this into a multiplyer effect, probably co-inventing a white-cathode follower.
I gather that you are professionally involved with economics.
If this is so, I would like to ask you if such kind of modelling and simulation takes place in your field.

Many years ago when I was told of my type II diabetes, I started reading about the multiple feedback system of the human body hormones and the associated glands. I learned a lot with my wife’s help, but the whole system was so complex, I had to sketch it in a form of block diagram to get a clue of how things affect one another.
Old 18th July 2011, 08:36 AM   #102
diyAudio Member

I do have an degree related to business economics and had to model macro-economics.
The models were similar to technical models.
Modeling is quite similar to LCR networks. That is: there are current flows, that do have interactions, control points. Not really rocket science (but even rocket science is in essence not complex, if we take the ballistics part for instance).

Like we can use a schematics drawing and simulation program, I have never seen such a program for 'simpletons' at all, too bad many.

Luck with your diabetes, keep it in control!
albert
Old 18th July 2011, 09:30 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The models were similar to technical models.
Modeling is quite similar to LCR networks
Albert, thank you for answering.

I was (naively) thinking of starting with something in the form of this:
File:Circulation in macroeconomics.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and then further analysing/modelling each block and so on.
I understand that there is the difficulty of verifying the fit of each block’s model output with “real world” historical data to check the validity of the transfer function of each block and of the whole architectural concept.

But I guess that since we can’t end to a consensus here for much simpler systems like a home audio system, how can it be accomplished in microeconomics

Welcome
Jamel: Java Agent-based MacroEconomic Laboratory

Quote:
Luck with your diabetes, keep it in control!
Till now I have some success, doing a simple thing.
I tell him: “O.K. you can finish me. But if I die, you die too. Take your pick”.

Regards
George

Last edited by gpapag; 18th July 2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:45 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

i like this Jamel thing. Will keep me busy for some time.
I like your 'personal relationship'; I think that is the only sensible and workable thing, but also think of Plato: keep in control. There is only one in charge.

albert
Old 18th July 2011, 10:40 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
keep in control. There is only one in charge.
I don’t know if Plato suffered from diabetes, but had I have put it this way, I am afraid that mine would have replied with a smile in his face:
“That, I know. Do you?”

A bit more seriously now, what works wonders, is stress diminishing.
Since I can’t change the angstig core of me, or/and influence the extraneous stimulations, I try to bleed my stress instead.

Exercising , long hours transformer winding, trying to make an oscillator start oscillating, trying to make an amplifier stop oscillating, enjoying like Nero the view (and smell) of a blown-up amp and forming in my mind the next victim circuit.
All these work for me.

Listening to classical music (this one helps too in reducing the which is a for diabetes. but true)

Last edited by gpapag; 18th July 2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:33 PM   #106
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Hi George, I got a letter from Greece today Claudia said why do I have to open it? I said it says so. She thought it was a good joke

Tony.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:39 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

So, she is still alive?
Damn explosives. You can't trust them.
Sorry Tony.
I'll post another one

Greetings to your brave wife.
Hope you'll enjoy the AD

Regards
George
Old 19th July 2011, 12:55 PM   #108
just another
diyAudio Moderator

LOL George I'm sure it is going to be a very useful addition to my tool kit once I have put it together

cheers,

Tony.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:58 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Amen.
Have you built the esr meter?
Old 19th July 2011, 01:26 PM   #110
just another
diyAudio Moderator

yes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_7615.jpg (87.6 KB, 44 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!