New test fixture - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2011, 06:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New test fixture

Got board and decided to make a new test fixture, after looking through the junk pile I found that old Hafler 150W amp, this thing never could handle life in the studio and I got tired of fixing it. I needed a clean listening amp and I also decided to make an all in one tool for working on tube audio. This is what I came up with.

1. 70W listening/electronic stethoscope, has a 1M pot and a .1UF 630V cap to block the AC and to pad the input.
2. has a 500ohm 26W (2 1K 13W resisters in parallel) to drain off that annoying high voltage so daddy doesn't squeal like a pig when zapped.
3. has a n 8ohm 100w, (soon to be 200W) dummy load with and O-scope out, has a second input that can be patched to the listening amp for when I want to hear whats going on, (I work on mostly tube guitar amps).

Click the image to open in full size.

What creations have you guys built in the quest for audio excellence

Hide this!Advertise here!