Audio Sweep Gen. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2011, 03:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Audio Sweep Gen.

I was going to spend some money and buy/build a sweep generator (I own an old Grundig #295 Schwebungssummer (how often do you get to use such word?!) I am rebuilding.

Googling, I found David and Cecilia Taylor`s Web Pages

I downloaded their freeware sweepgenerator (under audiotools) and it works quite well. I have not tested it for THD etc. but it looks OK on the scope.

I had not come across a mention of this site here, so check it out, much other interesting stuff too! A job well done by D+C Taylor!

E
Old 6th March 2011, 04:22 AM   #2
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Hi, Download the free Visual Analyser ,a spectrum analyser ,oscilloscope ,signal and sweep generator and much more.Sure beats the one you down loaded. singa
Old 6th March 2011, 04:38 AM   #3
AEIOU is offline AEIOU  United States
Account disabled at member's request

Send a message via AIM to AEIOU Send a message via MSN to AEIOU Send a message via Yahoo to AEIOU
Here is something you might enjoy, free to download. All or some.
--->Michael Knowles: Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymoose View Post
I was going to spend some money and buy/build a sweep generator (I own an old Grundig #295 Schwebungssummer (how often do you get to use such word?!) I am rebuilding.

Googling, I found David and Cecilia Taylor`s Web Pages

I downloaded their freeware sweepgenerator (under audiotools) and it works quite well. I have not tested it for THD etc. but it looks OK on the scope.

I had not come across a mention of this site here, so check it out, much other interesting stuff too! A job well done by D+C Taylor!

E
Old 6th March 2011, 05:00 AM   #4
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Thanks Mr. Moose! Had never seen that one, it's rather nice - simple too. A lot of folks here will get good use out of that.
Old 6th March 2011, 05:20 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Is there any freeware software avaliable that can generate a sine sweep with user definable frequencies and sweep time ( at least 45 seconds), and also let me save it as a .wav file....?
Old 6th March 2011, 05:42 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry8 View Post
Is there any freeware software avaliable that can generate a sine sweep with user definable frequencies and sweep time ( at least 45 seconds), and also let me save it as a .wav file....?
I think Visual Analyser will do this- but not sure. I use Spectra Plus ($$ but full-featured free trial -30 days- should let you get those files recorded) for some acoustic measurements, and I think it will record the 'source sweep', though I've only recorded the 'response' curves from a microphone. SpectraPlus is quite powerful but not hard to use the basic features. As I've implied, probably too expensive for most folks who only need a once-in-a-while tool
Both Visual Analyser and SpectraPlus are used by guitar builders who use resonance info for selecting wood and optimising guitar structures.

Hide this!Advertise here!