Audio Sweep Gen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was going to spend some money and buy/build a sweep generator (I own an old Grundig #295 Schwebungssummer (how often do you get to use such word?!) I am rebuilding.

Googling, I found David and Cecilia Taylor`s Web Pages

I downloaded their freeware sweepgenerator (under audiotools) and it works quite well. I have not tested it for THD etc. but it looks OK on the scope.

I had not come across a mention of this site here, so check it out, much other interesting stuff too! A job well done by D+C Taylor!

E

Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Here is something you might enjoy, free to download. All or some.
--->Michael Knowles: Extras

I was going to spend some money and buy/build a sweep generator (I own an old Grundig #295 Schwebungssummer (how often do you get to use such word?!) I am rebuilding.

Googling, I found David and Cecilia Taylor`s Web Pages

I downloaded their freeware sweepgenerator (under audiotools) and it works quite well. I have not tested it for THD etc. but it looks OK on the scope.

I had not come across a mention of this site here, so check it out, much other interesting stuff too! A job well done by D+C Taylor!

E

Is there any freeware software avaliable that can generate a sine sweep with user definable frequencies and sweep time ( at least 45 seconds), and also let me save it as a .wav file....?

I think Visual Analyser will do this- but not sure. I use Spectra Plus ($$ but full-featured free trial -30 days- should let you get those files recorded) for some acoustic measurements, and I think it will record the 'source sweep', though I've only recorded the 'response' curves from a microphone. SpectraPlus is quite powerful but not hard to use the basic features. As I've implied, probably too expensive for most folks who only need a once-in-a-while tool
Both Visual Analyser and SpectraPlus are used by guitar builders who use resonance info for selecting wood and optimising guitar structures.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.