Agilent DSO3062 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th January 2011, 01:00 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Agilent DSO3062

One of the HP/Agilent group members pointed out that there's a company selling off this 60Mhz, 2 Ch DSO for $250. Ebay item is 180614610756
Old 30th January 2011, 03:56 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I bought one of those and just posted the following message in another thread and then saw your thread... So will post here as well...

There was just a bunch (about 40 of them) of Agilent DSO-3062A's that went on Ebay. They went for 200.00 plus shipping. Many of the guys including myself on the HP-Agilent Yahoo Group bought them. One can NEVER have too many scopes after all! All but a few of them turned out to be a steal, the few that were not just had slight BNC damage that was easily repaired. Mine had only been powered on 58 times when I got it. I upgraded the firmware to 4.0.16 and grabbed the free "Connect" software that Agilent has for these scopes. Connect allows one to display as well as operate the scope on his PC computer or laptop. The Agilent DSO series is made for them by Rigol and after seeing the spectaculuar performance of these scopes I would say stick with the Rigol or better yet a new Agilent if you can swing it. Many of the Yahoo Group guys have measured their -3db bandwidth to be 160mhz!!! Thats pretty amazing for what is advertised and marked as a 60 mhz scope! B oth Agilent AND Rigol really rock!

Can you imagine how good the new Agilents are as they are obviously way more conservatively rated than the actual Rigols are? My DSO-3062 can easily display a video signal. My older HP 54111D 500 mhz DSO can not. Sure it is an older scope but it also cost nearly 30 grand when it was new...

Mark

Hide this!Advertise here!