Just a testimony of a good test instrument reseller - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2010, 05:45 PM   #1
blmn is offline blmn  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Default Just a testimony of a good test instrument reseller

Hello all,

From time to time I travel from Brazil to US on vacations or on my job activities and sometimes I buy things to improve my DIY lab, like components and devices.

Im doing this since 90s and I follow a simple procedure: few days before the trip I buy everything I need and send it to my hotel in US in order to receive the goods. its easy and I normally use my credit card to pay on-line.

I travelled last week and did the same procedure. At this time, I decided to renew one of my very old scopes for a modern DSO and add a True-RMS benchtop multimeter to my bench. Not much more sofisticated or expensive if I consider what I have already bought in the past.

Ive made some previous search on the Net and found many resellers of test equipments, some of them I already used to buy components. When I tried to buy in some of them (I will not say the names, but for sure I wish to) I had a lot of restrictions on buying on-line using my credit card, even on those that I already did boughts, on the same way! New controllers procedures on frauds over the net, they say...

So, I chose two vendors for each equipment with no apparent restrictions and did the procedures. There were no return on problems or something else. One of the vendors, btw, have a local reseller in Brazil (but much more expensive because of the taxes).

When I arrived I sent e-mails to both, as I usually do, to verifiy if everything was ok, and I discovered they stopped the processes in order to verifiy my personnal data and, believe me, one of them not even take care on reply an e-mail to me to inform that, I had to send one to verify!

The other put my order on an automated system and I have no return of nothing, except when I said I wanted to cancel my order. It was the same reseller where I have an account in Brazil and use the same way to buy, since 2002!

I cancelled both orders, complaining a lot with the guys and did a new research on the Net, then I found the Tequipment.net site. I did a chat on-line with the staff of the reseller and they verified my personnal data, on an efficient way, verified the equipments availability for me, gave me a discount in one upgrade since the multimeter I wanted was not available for immediate shipping, and sent me the goods on a 2nd day express shipping. My total bill was 200 dollars lower than the sum of those on my cancelled orders, for the same equipments!

I decided to offer an free testimony of this good procedure from them, specially from Miss Beth Duchatkiewicz and recommend TE for DIYaudio community. I think they dont loose the focus in well serve the customers, with no loss of security on sale.

I have to say I have no problems with other vendors too, like Amazon (excelent and they sell test equipments too), Amidon, Parts-Express, 41Hz (they send to Brazil) and others, but this vendor (it appears not so big indeed) have one of the best procedures Ive seen until now.

Best regards,

Last edited by blmn; 14th March 2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 27th December 2010, 11:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Yes, I agree!

I bought my Rigol DS1052E and 2 Extech EA11A Digital K type thermometers from them and they are now my goto company for test equipment. Yes, Beth is the best as I have dealt with her too. Seems UPS sent my scope to Never-Never Land and she found it for me..

A big thumbs up from me also!!

Hide this!Advertise here!