DVM from the dark ages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This was top of the line a half century ago. But it still works! Five digit resolution, AC converter, all in three rack mountable chassis. The Nixie tube readouts are precious...

Attachments

• EI-DVMcr.jpg
    EI-DVMcr.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 228
I have two counters like that; they are very good and shouldn't be cannibalized. In fact, if you want to sell that plug-in unit I may be interested in it. I can't quite read the markings on its panel. I believe the counter is a 5245L and I would love to have it, but I'm sure you want too much for it. How about a trade for my digital voltmeter?

I just played with my good one for a while tonight. Works great, even though these days it's of less value than before. I can read my ham transceiver to 10 Hz and it's pretty solid. Of course I can read the counter much more closely but it's seldom necessary. The real purpose is for fun.

It also has a very good frequency standard in it, with multiple ovens and coarse, medium, and fine frequency adjustments. Keeps warm even when unit switched off.

But I have drifted off topic; once I checked my ancient DVM I took it off the bench and now need to store it for the time when my heirs will toss it in the trash. I have other meters that are plenty accurate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.