FREE PC BASED OSCILLSCOPE,SPECTRUM ANALYSER.FUNCTION GENERATOR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi frnds
this is sekhar . I just wanted to share a piece of software that i came across last night . it is a free pc based oscilloscope , using the sound card line in or microphone input , we can view and measure different signals.

here r a few details:-

Detailed Features about:

1.Oscilloscope (dual channel, xy, time division, trigger);
2.Spectrum Analyzer with amplitude and phase display (linear, log, lines, bar, octaves band analysis 1/3, 1/6, 1/9, 1/12, 1/24);
3.Wave-form generator with "custom functions", triangular, square, sinus, white noise and pulse generation (NO ALIASING);
4.Frequency meter (in time and frequency domain) and counter; in time domain by means of a real time zero crossing algorithm;
5.Volt meter with DC, true RMS, peak to peak and mean display;
6.Filtering (low pass, hi pass, band pass, band reject, notch, "diode", DC removal);
7.Memo windows (data log) for analysis and storage of time series, spectrum and phase with "triggering" events; possibility to save in various formats and display them with a viewer;
8.A TRUE software digital analog conversion (for complete signal reconstruction using Nyquist theorem) ;
9.Frequency compensation: one can create/edit a custom frequency response and add it to the spectrum analyzer spectrum ; added standard weighting curves A,B,C in parallel with custom frequency response;
10.Support for 8/16/24 bit soundcard by means of API calls;
11.Unlimited frequency sampling (depend from the capabilities of your soundcard);
12.Cepstrum analysis;
13.Cross Correlation;
14.Extended THD measurements, with automatic sweep and compensation.
15.ZRLC-meter with Vector scope, automatic sweep in time and frequency for automatic measurement.

I have used conventional analog scope in my college , but as my college is over i dont have any instrument to work with and i dont even have money to buy instruments . So i opted for a free pc based scope .may be u people have used such software in the past, please check this software and tell me whether is it any good . I cant do it because i cant cross reference my data with readings from a original scope.

here is the download link.just copy past it on it the browser and it will start downloading..

http://www.sillanumsoft.org/Download/VAsetup.exe

AND HERE IS A ADD ON FOR HIGH VOLTGE APPLICATIONS
as i am not very well versed with this type of software kindly tell me is it good enough ..

regards
sekhar

Attachments

• buff.gif
    buff.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 925
I saw this touted elsewhere as an impedance meter, I don't think it works terribly well in that context because of hardware issues, but as for the rest, on first impressions it looks good. It has a spectrum analyser with good resolution and a tone generator. Time will tell when I've had a chance to trial it more extensively.

w

There is another thread on this subject:-http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/173248-awesome-zlcr-meter.html

I've used the software. I needed a low-frequency oscilloscope to look at signals from an IR remote receiver. The trig on my Telequipment has stopped working. I used a resistive divider to avoid blowing up the DAC, I used a cheap Behringer USB DAC so I wouldnt lose much if I killed it.

It worked OK, I guess the DAC is AC coupled since the trace was curved. I had to capture a few (hundred?) samples to memory and then view it. There was a slight problem with the zoom, I couldn't just select a section and fill the screen with it, it seemed to have only 2 zoom levels.

Other than that I haven't really used it in anger, but I've played with it and I think it has a good feature set. Maybe I'll build the ZLCR hardware.

w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.