How to operate waveform tracker? Or is it busted? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th August 2010, 02:44 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default How to operate waveform tracker? Or is it busted?

Have this Sencore SC3100 Auto Tracker sitting around. Tried to check if it's working, but just got a kind of rectangle trace. Depending on the time base, the rectangle may flicker, and the focus adjustment changes the shape a bit. But despite pumping in a few volts at different frequencies from an AP, I couldn't get any trace.

Fiddling with the horizontal, I could get a thick fuzzy line extending to the right of the rectangle, but still no trace.

Oddly, the input voltmeter reads zero. I wondered if the output Audio Precision XLRs were wired of a polarity that the AP hot was the Sencore ground. So I tried the Sencore Ohms/DC Amps input but nothing. I don't have a handy non-AC (to avoid grounding issues) output source at the moment.

Is it just bad? Or am I missing something about the setup? Tried changing the triggering, and every switch...
Old 3rd September 2010, 09:53 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

head_unit --- does it have a calibration output point on the front, if so try clipping to that. These are usually Khz square waves. Also this unit has an auto time base feature, witch is not common. Perhaps disable that, or try the full range of time base settings.

Hide this!Advertise here!