Meguro MAK-6571B Automatic Distortion Meter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am curious as to the differences?

If you are looking for something less restricted (to the 400 and 1kHz frequencies) the HP 33x series distortions analyzers are robust and accurate--the 334A is the most desirable. They are sometimes available on eBay in good condition for under $200.

There is also a DA4084 analyzer made by Tek, that was a military version of the Tek AA5001.

tekda4084front.jpg

It substitutes SINAD measurement for the IM distortion measurement the AA5001 does, however this makes it less desirable to many and makes it affordable in the $200 to $250 range--it's an amazingly accurate instrument, fully automatic down to 0.0005% THD.

It uses a special enclosure/power supply so don't buy one without it--it will not work in a standard Tek TM rack.

Hi cliffyk, sorry for the slow reply.The major differences are: extended input range, down to 0.01v fsd; filters are passive L & C; mainly opamps in the input and meter amps. I'm a bit of a collector of analysers, I have a HP 333A, a cranky HP 339A (switches), an Australian AWA F242 (auto ranging and nulling down to 0.001%) plus Heathkit and Eico examples. That TEK is tasty but freight is the killer down to here.
Regards,
Steve.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.