Behringer Mixer and Speaker Testing - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Equipment & Tools

Equipment & Tools From test equipment to hand tools

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Tector is offline Tector  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer Mixer and Speaker Testing

I am about to send out my Behringer UB1202 pre-amp/mixer to have it and my microphone calibrated for the purpose of speaker testing. What do you suggest I do to make sure my equalizer pots don't move after the calibration. I would think that any change to the equalization would invalidate my calibration.
Old 27th February 2010, 03:21 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

You would modify the mic channel you are using to bypass the EQ stage.

I don;t recall on that one, do the EQ controls have a center detent? If so, that would be a reasonable protection.

How does one calibrate a little mixer like that? other than the user controls, it has no adjustments. Or are you getting a response curve drawn or something?

The line channels have no EQ, I believe. You might use one of those, but you'd need a mic pre. And if you had a mic pre, then you wouldn;t need the mixer.

Where are you sending the output?
Old 27th February 2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Tector is offline Tector  United States
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the reply. The calibration is in the form of a file that then gets input to your measurement software and the software adjusts your input based on the calibration file. I am using Soundeasy which uses my computer's sound card for input and output. I am using the mixer for a mic pre-amp only. According to the schematic in the owners manual, the equalizer is included in the line outs. The equalizer knobs do have detents, and I may rely on those for protection.
Old 1st March 2010, 01:41 AM   #4
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Not line outs, line ins.

Your mic in channels all have EQ controls. But the line in channels do not.

But as I said, if you used the non-EQed line ins you would need a mic pre, which if you had one would then make the mixer unneeded.

Hide this!Advertise here!