Drilling Jig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I didn't see any one making anything like this so I thought I'd post it.

I wanted a jig to drill the center hole for a GreenLee punch, and the two screw holes for a tube socket in a 2" square piece of 1/2" Al plate . In addition I figured I could add some positions for heat vent holes, and use a steel bushing as a drill guide ala B-Square with their rifle drilling jigs.

The first two are B7G and B9A. I made two B7Gs and only had six vent holes as I wanted to stay with at least 1/4dia holes and I'd have to move them out to make them bigger.

The B9A vents are offset because I screwed up moving the piece from the vice to the rotary table, so I'll have to make another.

The small piece is the drill guide. I will make a couple more, then I'll will heat treat them.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.